1990 cummins p-pump 24v?

hickracetruck

Cummins Rookie
Hey guys! I have a 1990 cummins with getrag. and i have found a 2002 24v HO 245hp motor out of a 6spd manual. It is without the injection pump with 211k on it so i figure i can get it cheap. But i am wondering how hard it will be to put in my truck. I will be p-pumping it for sure. Do they use the same wiring for sensors and everything? Just wondering how many big problems i will run into with the swap, and i plan on finding an nv4500 or 5600 to put behind it when i do the swap. I will also have an intercooler in it and water injection. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much! By the way this is the truck, dont mind the rust, its all surface and evey speck of it will be gone when the truck is done.
GetAttachment.jpg

P-pumping your VE 12 valve would better, IMO. That is, if your head will accept p-pump injectors. Then you don't have to worry about the p-pump lines/24 valve injectors. Not unless there is something wrong with your engine you have now

P-pumping your VE 12 valve would better, IMO. That is, if your head will accept p-pump injectors. Then you don't have to worry about the p-pump lines/24 valve injectors. Not unless there is something wrong with your engine you have now

my motor has 650 000km on it with no rebuild, im happy its running! if i tear into it now i may cause a problem and its too many clicks to make power, would not be reliable for everyday use like i need. I was thinking of p-pumping it but its not worth it. But thanks for the input!