1995 3500 4x4 NV4500 swapped in, reverse light switch replacement?

DavidB

Have NV4500 swapped in place of auto. (Previous owner) Good fuse, juice to the switch on the tranny, I checked both sides of the crimp butt connectors, no juice when in R. How to I get to the switch? Do I REALLY have to drop the trans/case? I'm about to plasma a hole in the floor... :bang

I had that problem. I just swapped out the reverse sensor. Its on the driver side of the tranny. Take yours out and clean it. May just be dirty? IIRC its a 19 or 21mm to take it out. Hope that helps. I think thats what your talking about.

And I didnt drop anything. You can get to it with everything in place.

Thanks but mine is on TOP of the tranny between it and the floor and as far as I can tell there is no access panel in the floor.:bang

Hmmm. If its a NV-4500 its on the driver side of the top cover. It can be reached with everything in its place. The plug on top is not the reverse sensor.

If for some reason you cant get to it, just remove the cross member and use a jack to lower the tranny just enough to get to the sensor your speaking of.

Yea thats the plug. I just went out to my truck and I can reach up and grap ahold of the sensor. You should be able to change it just fine. I changed mine that way.

I could have changed it. But with the 'shaft and the leaf springs/shackle (yes, leaf springs) in the way, it wouldn't have been easy. I didn't want to mess with it and didn't have one handy or want to go buy one so I wired it to a switch I had laying around that I installed in a hole that was already in the dash. Nice when you want light back there and it's not in R.