1st gen 2nd gen cummins to allison parts

Hey on the torque converter the flywheel housing take up the rest of it it is essentially a 2 piece instead of one piece bell housing this route. Destroked already has the 6 speed controller but is very very pissy about it atm I already talked with him regarding it. I got my housing from tkt transmission parts might also check witt transmissions as well. On the convert to 2ed I got lucky here in dallas a trans shop has the housing so all they need to order is the output shaft and reluctor speedo ring for mine. Those 2 above sources should have what you need :D..

Thanks
Sean

Got it Sean. I've never seen the truck flywheel housings.

Did you talk to Scott? The generic TCM that Allison switched to on the 6 Speeds is the issue. The XFC Scott uses on the 5 Speed is awesome and can be used on any 5 Speed.

Thanks for the heads up. What TCM are you going to use?

Controller

Hey there,
after what I have been able to find out in the research am definitely going with the destroked controller since it hooks up to a laptop for fine tuning. He may be a bit grouchy about it but he is the only one so far to have figured it out. Allison and chevy went to 32bit programming on the new tcms in late 2005 which is what most of the hold up has been. I am getting my flywheel housing and the various parts tommorrow from a fed ex truck and will be getting some more pics up tommorrow night from the engine side of things.
I dont mind spending a bit of money but if this works out will have about 650 in parts to hook the two together. I have a feeling I am going to be doing some trimming on both the sae #3 housing and the flywheel housing to get it all in the engine compartment but tommorrow will tell me much more about it :D

Sean

Good luck. I'll make sure to keep checking back in the site to see how it's going.

Josh

im Saving my pennies :hehe: but got the ally ready 4 the swap just waching and wait to make my move

ok here some more info

Hey guys the engine flywheel housing is a bust the derned thing is roughly 6 inches in length so definitely going to cause fitment issues. But after looking at howars site the ole boy is a genius and talented machinist :D. I got one of his adapter rings on order so as soon as I get it will post some pics of it on the dodge rear engine housing. He figured and made an adapter for the sae 3 allison to the factory dodge flexplate :D. this is working out good he just saved med 165 bucks :D

Sean

ok adapter ring is in hand :D

Hey guys,
got the adapter ring from howard and it works beautifully :D. The sae#3 ring adapter and cummins/dodge flywheel housing comes out depth wise to 9.75 inches. The chevy housing is 9 inches in depth so sweet sweet looking like we gots a winner here. Will post some pictures of the items in my folders.

yeah :p

waiting on work to pick up atm to get more money right now will start posting when I get more parts in and more done.

Check out my website has a few pictures of the howards ring setup on there he has some pretty decent stuff on his site :D

Sean

what website?.. I clicked on your picture links but they only show one photo. you user name has no link to a website etc.. can you post your website address up?
Thanks
Deo