1st to 9's (Revisited)

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Since the first post went in the wrong direction, I'm gonna ask again. who will be the 1st in the 9's in Pro street? (In front of a crowd, with a slip, etc.)

Once again I'll predict this happens by the end of September.

What say you?

(please try to keep this thread on topic this time) LOL

Stucky or Darren, I think those are the only two trucks we may see in the 9's this year, if we even see them.

I would also put Hellmann in that Crowd. when Joe gets his tranny issues sorted out (may already have) His rig is gonna be Fast too

I agree, I just assumed that since his is, or at least was, for sale that he wasn't racing it anymore.

He is gonna be in Colorado, and hopefuklly join us in ATL too.

there is another dodge truck that is running some 8th mile times that should be low 10 sec range,rumor is it may be at the rock in august...and no i dont mean my 05

That wouldn't to be the same truck that was 1st to 1000hp now would it?

I fully expect we will see Darren in the 9's at the next event!! Maybe even the Stucky's too...

Amy

My opinion is that the strongest candidate to date has to be Darren Morrison.

i agrre darren and team stuckey are the 2 best candidates but i dont think either truck can run a 9 second pass and back it up,i think they can do it but to be able to do it time after time is stilla ways off jmho...jess

I think it will be a bit easier with the setups they are running now, as opposed to the old twin setups, but you are right Jess, Seeing a truck go 9's twice in a row may not be seen for a while.

Last edited:
And I think there will be one more in the mix, soon. Remember, Matt S sold his 4X4 like Darren's. If y'all remember in Atlanta when Darrens hood blew up, Matt nailed him on the tree and basically had Darren beat all the way. That truck has been sold, and all it needs, is to replace the bars out the rear window, and let er go. We'll find out.

..PrestonL..

It really an odd point for Prostreet right now, its almost as if the season is about to start all over as there will be new trucks, trucks under new ownership, at least two trucks are currently having there setup's completely changed, and who knows whats else is going on that we don't know about. The chase is about to start all over again it seems.

very cool...

but it also tells me that theres to much time in between races too... hint hint Dave.....

Where is Ol' Dunbar? I figured he would have weighed in by now.

That is the rumor LOL But you know how they can be LOL

The 10.26 pass Darren made at IRP was with a single and spray. And keep in mind that was done with 1 cylinder in VERY bad shape and the motor he was running was several years old and very abused. Also, this was Darrens first real test with the nitrous so there was more room to increase that as well. With his new set up the 9's should be a walk in the park!!!:bigsmile:

Amy

Back