2.5 puller project

I am thinking most places are changing 2.5 next year anyway. Don't think it will be 2.5 will it?

To what?

That's too bad. The 2.5 class around here is very nice. It is what I remember 2.6 being about 8-10 years ago when a top 2.6 was still street-able. The guys around us are making about 700-750 hp and it puts on a great show. Very competitive. There are a couple top running trucks but there are 3-4 in a pull off every week. Not always the same gust.

I don't mean this to get into a discussion about rules and such, just voicing my opinion.

Yes, next year they're supposed to allow hanging weights... she should be running next time im home! Getting closer!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well still coming along... slowly... got a little girl gonna be here end of next month, so yea.. if this project wasn't already kinda slow, it's about to get slower! Lol

c9a65656bb73ded72c8d748cb0640cd9.jpg

Got the waterman in, fuel cell mounted, all the injection lines on, gonna run the fuel lines themselves when I get home from work in two weeks... i got a bunch of little issues to address

Looks like you are getting close. I really like that color on the engine.

Question. Has the factory intake shelf been removed from the head and a fabricated shelf been bolted back on ??

Question. Has the factory intake shelf been removed from the head and a fabricated shelf been bolted back on ??
Factory shelf has been milled off... and I fabricated a stock appearance shelf to go in its place because I am not allowed a runner intake

Nice job on building that shelf. I need to build or buy one myself lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nice job on building that shelf. I need to build or buy one myself lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you sir! Here are some fab pictures of making it... really happy how it turned out

f2488e5befed121755c0dfe509f81f76.jpg

Well... for the last WEEK been trying to get it started, and no dice....

FOUR cans of ether later, entire external teardown three times, checked timing, valve lash 5 times over...

I Got fuel & got air .... got compression ish?

I don't have a diesel compression tester tool, I'm using a gasser one, and it leaks by a lil bit, it shows 60-70 psi while it's rolling over... thinking it should be much higher

On a leak down, I put in 110psi and they held?

Also I'm on starter number 3 now... keep burning them up

She's really starting to frustrate me

If it wont run on ether it most likely is a cam timing issue.
I thought that myself, but I pulled the front cover and it's still lined up dot to dot like it's supposed to be?

Cranking speed too low? 70 isn't nearly enough. Maybe something too tight in the rotating assembly? Buring up a few starters makes me think something is really tight or you're cranking on them forever. Possibly bad power and or ground?

Last edited:
Cranking speed too low? 70 isn't nearly enough. Maybe something too tight in the rotating assembly? Buring up a few starters makes me think something is really tight or you're cranking on them forever. Possibly bad power and or ground?
A. Cranking speed has been low, new starter and it's great, but after cranking for so long we're burning them up, we're not just holding the button either, two brand new batteries at 100%,

B. the 70psi on compression test also worried me, but given that it's got a slight whistle leak given I'm using a gasser compression tool designed to screw into spark plugs and I'm just holding it in there with the injector hold down, so I think it'd be higher with out the little leak - also, note that it passes a leak down test of 110 psi....

C. the something to tight in the rotating assembly, it seems normal? Based off other motors I've helped build / worked on...

Is it even trying to light with ether? Any smoke out of tail pipe/stack whatever you have? If not sounds like mechanical timing as suggested.

It attempts to hit once in awhile? But it seems like only off one hole? Lots of smoke from stack though, white/Gray like it's supposed to be

Back