2.6 class

craneman03

wet behind the ears
I just wanted to get a few opinions. I have just recently purchased the 97 in my avatar. I got rid of my 24v in favor of this 12v so maybe i could start pulling. The truck is now running a 64/71/13ss. Is this a decent 2.6 turbo? I was thinking of upgrading to a 66 or calling sheids. would i be wasting my money? I just want to be somewhat competitive. Any input would be appreciated. This would be a new venture for me so just wanted a little info!:ft:

That turbo will work well... you could do better, but it will still work. Will also give you the option to pull 2.5 if you find that class.

if your set on gettin a 66.. give chris or glen at ED a call. they are up in michigan. they make real nice stuff.

Guess Ill say it. That turbo is a good street charger but won't do crap for you in a 2.6 class.

Yes I purchased from a guy in winchester, ky. You familiar with it?

You will pull a lot further if you get rid of the black wheels, and not worry about a turbo. ha ha

Rick

Guess Ill say it. That turbo is a good street charger but won't do crap for you in a 2.6 class.

Not at a national level(Scheids,TS, etc...) but for brushpulls with a turbo limit it would do decent. Though any 66mm s300 can't compete with a 66mm s400 all things equal.

I would pull it a few times and see how well the truck can hold its own first. I ran against many 2.6 trucks with my little 62/14 and did pretty decent usually running a slower gear than most. More power isn't always the answer. You have to have a good working truck to get that power to the ground and it be able to use it to its full potential. But if you do decide to go with a bigger turbo, I would look into a S465. It may not be the best thing to drive around on the street, but you should see quite a bit of difference in power once you get it lit.

i had a s300 based 66/71/14 on my 24v for a while. i was very happy with it on the track.

2tone is right if your going to compete in the 2.6 class your better off going with a bigger charger, i personally liked the S476 on my truck!