2.6 rear Suspension Blocking

What should the Rear Susupension Rule Be?

• Full Blocking Allowed

Votes: 49 64.5%
  • 1" Suspension Travel

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • 2" Suspension Travel

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No Blocking at all, Traction bars allowed

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • No Blocking or Traction Bars at all

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In Ohio, and Pa, even the brush pulls have small series that guys chase points, Illinois doesn't have those?

No, not to drop the hitch height. The main reason was you had to pull on a WORKING suspension,(like all true STREET trucks have) but there was no need to break a guys springs.

You guys are very rapidly locking the street trucks out of your class, if you continue down this path.
Street truck entry fees help pay the bills, for the not so street, street trucks that lead the class. They wont enter, if they have to pull against Mod trucks in the 2.6 class, as numbers fall off, so will the purses.

Please consider the entire class, when asking for changes, and ask yourself if you should move up.

Remember how the 4500rpm rule worked out? The pullers insisted on it-until they got caught.Then suddenly, it wasn't such a good idea.

No one is gonna drive their street truck around with 1 inch blocks. Not unless they want to feel like theyre riding in a covered wagon. Whats it matter if the 1 inch of travel allows the suspension to work? After you tighten the chain up on the sled the truck is already sittin on the blocks anyways, so its the same thing as if it would have been blocked solid in the first place, but now the hitch is an inch lower.

solid equals less wheel hop also. there will stillbe some due to the tracks bite. but alot less due to suspension loading and unloading. I drive around with my blocks in all the time thats why there adjustable.

I had 3/4 bolts in mine, could go from solid to 4" of travel, in just a few seconds if need be.
Same with my traction bars, 3 pins on each bar, on and off.

"Whats it matter if 1" of travel lets the suspension work?"
"Solid =less wheel hop"

Sometimes.

Learning how to hook your power to the ground is sometimes more difficult with a working suspension.

Then we better keep the workstock class. The true street trucks. Anything above that class should be the guys that intend on pulling and plan on hooking more than once.

In Ohio, and Pa, even the brush pulls have small series that guys chase points, Illinois doesn't have those?

Not that im aware of. Il sucks. Theses guys are dropping pulls so they dont have to deal with inferior pullers

No, not to drop the hitch height. The main reason was you had to pull on a WORKING suspension,(like all true STREET trucks have) but there was no need to break a guys springs.

All of us over here have allways pulled with no blocks and never had any problem. My buddy Bryce has been pulling awhile and everytime he would block suspension in some way, he would break. Schied video 3 years ago is good proof.

You guys are very rapidly locking the street trucks out of your class, if you continue down this path. Street truck entry fees help pay the bills, for the not so street, street trucks that lead the class. They wont enter, if they have to pull against Mod trucks in the 2.6 class, as numbers fall off, so will the purses.

Please consider the entire class, when asking for changes, and ask yourself if you should move up.

My brothers truck is a bone stock motor with a silver66, 5x.018 inj, and cds 5k springs. No blocks, no traction bars. The way he drives it on the street is the way we pull it. At schieds, i sure dont think we had a work stock truck, but because of the 2.6 we pulled work stock and still got our asses handed to us. Running a turbo that almost didnt pass tech, then all the other huys running s465. same size compressor wheel yes, but deffinantly a lot better and more capable turbo. Im not *****en at all, that is just the indesrepancies that need sorted out. Point is we got stomped in a class that i think we were to hot for.

Remember how the 4500rpm rule worked out? The pullers insisted on it-until they got caught.Then suddenly, it wasn't such a good idea.

For workstock, 4k should be more than plenty

Me and my thoughts, Tim

Then we better keep the workstock class. The true street trucks. Anything above that class should be the guys that intend on pulling and plan on hooking more than once.

Exactly. And going by this pole, it doesn't look like there would be to many people pissed off if it did change to solid suspension. I'd rather have a solid rear suspension basically to keep the bounce down and less broken parts from it.

About a 2500 rpm limit? Seperate the DIESELS from gasser V-8 wannabes.

Brandon, where did you finish last night?

Brandon, where did you finish last night?

I wound up not going, had to work :doh: but I need the cash to fund the build this winter I hope to stay near the top in the 2.6" class next year and I plan on hitting some pulls near Garrett and some just way out of the way in different states to meet new guys and have a blast, I deff. want to hit texas next year!
Brandon

Learning how to hook your power to the ground is sometimes more difficult with a working suspension.

What does it matter if the suspension is still functional?:what: As soon as you tighten the chain up, or very shortly after you take off, then the truck will be sitting on the blocks.

What does it matter if the suspension is still functional?:what: As soon as you tighten the chain up, or very shortly after you take off, then the truck will be sitting on the blocks.

Its the difference between a STREET truck and a dedicated pulling truck.

The original intent of the class, was to let the Dodge guys be able to compete against those monster Chevy turbos, which a WS class did not allow.As soon as that happened, they want to build Mod trucks with little turbos.

It depends on your blocks. Some guys actually pin the truck to the blocks, so it can't go up or down.

Well im pretty sure they have already decided what they are doing for next year and the rules will be out soon.

PLEASE DON'T LIMIT THE RPM'S....I'M HAVING ENOUGH TROUBLE AS IT IS LEAVING THE LINE @ 4500RPM'S. I HAVE TO KEEP REMINDING MYSELF IT'S NOT MY OLD 8000RPM GASSER TRASH PULLING TRUCK:doh:

heck my truck isnt no dedicated pulling truck! and id rather have my blocked solid. come on Gene, join the club, solid suspension ok! lol

Yea seriously. I use my truck everyday. I have stock injectors and CP3, A Silver 62 charger, raptor 150 fuel system, and a Smarty. I would still rather have the full blocks. It doesn't take 5 minutes to put them in and take them out.

Back