2.6 Turbo rule for 2010

simple, xnay the 2.6 class, and make every one pull 2.8 again

Sounds good, 2.8 bushed, baby, double the purse, lets rock!

X2 sounds damn good to me. Especially since i allready have the 2.8

what if you just limited it to a s300 frame class? You can tell the physical diff between the two turbos. How big can the s300 compressor wheel go to? I know i have seen 71mm but that takes a custom housing ground also, right? This would limit it to any s366 from about a dozen makers and everbody allready has one. Only the big dogs would have to decied wether to go up or step down in chager size.

what if you just limited it to a s300 frame class? You can tell the physical diff between the two turbos. How big can the s300 compressor wheel go to? I know i have seen 71mm but that takes a custom housing ground also, right? This would limit it to any s366 from about a dozen makers and everbody allready has one. Only the big dogs would have to decied wether to go up or step down in chager size.

If your talking about keeping costs down low, this would be even more expensive as most of the s300's start out more expensive than the s400's, and they aren't as durable. It might be a way to go, but of course alot of folk that run 2.6 have already jumped to the s400's.

I think I said the exact same thing in Nov 08. 2.6 turbo limitations its in the sledpull section.

If the 2.8 class is eliminated...which it may be?....most of us are not going to cut up a truck for UL drive train. That leaves us with the only option of going to the 2.6 class. We have already been testing and we can get a lot of the power back with some minor modifications.

Now...that being said....we (ITPA) looked at several options last year to limit the exact issue brought up here by sleddy. If I recall Sleddy's exact comment was.."this is not NASCAR and we do not need that many rules"?

Why are we having this conversation? Maybe it's because a lot of us 2.8 guys are going to drop to the 2.6 class if 2.8 class is eliminated?

My rule suggestion...T3 pedestal, T3 Exhaust housing, and limit the size of the compressor cover. Just suggestions but I would just as soon leave the 2.6 rules alone in case the 2.8 class goes away.

Issue with the t3 is that you now will get a totally custom charger. It will be back like the days of the no adapter rule and you will go pay $2000+ for a charger to run. A competitive 2.6 charger shouldn't and doesn't cost $2000.

If your talking about keeping costs down low, this would be even more expensive as most of the s300's start out more expensive than the s400's, and they aren't as durable. It might be a way to go, but of course alot of folk that run 2.6 have already jumped to the s400's.

This is true. HTT, and II Are expenive but everybody allready has a s300 framed charger. You can get a s366 from diesel-plus for $800. They are durable enough for the street and since this is a street class, they should be good enough. If the would do something like this, then i have no problem running the 2.8 class but as long as people can use a loophole to whoop up in this class, so are the rest of us. Maybe they need to drop the rpm limit to 4k because that is all the true street trucks need and wouldnt need s400 air to run.

Tim

If NADM requires a spec charger, how many pullers are going to switch to it for the privilege of two to five hooks per season? They might be shooting themselves in the foot.

If I recall Sleddy's exact comment was.."this is not NASCAR and we do not need that many rules"?

Why are we having this conversation? .

(that is not an exact quote BTW, "NASCAR it to death would be closer!!!")

Why? Because I'm getting concerned phone calls about it. As is my duty to the class, I put it up for discussion, and as suspected, we are in the same place as we were before we started.

Guys, no matter what you do with rules, unless you build an IROC truck, and sell it to the competitors, SOMEBODY will find a way to beat you.

Spec turbos will work for small areas-that want no new pullers.

Personally, I think its an over reaction to good trucks/drivers. Let Evan Davis, or Ryan Milby or Bad Duvall take a cheaper turbo and put it on their trucks- I bet they are still up front.

Its the ENTIRE truck that wins, not just one component.

The 2.6 class literally has hundreds of trucks in it across the country.Many are adopting the NADM rules as we had hoped.

What I would like to see from the clubs is 3 class reps, Dodge , Ford, Chevy,get together within your club and come up with some good ideas/wording, and bring it to a meeting hosted by NADM. Date and location up for discussion.
The reason for the reps, is so we can get something done. 200 pullers all
wanting rules to fit their truck and ban their neighbor, is not a good scene, :bang.

Tim no offense, but RPM limit:umno: is a dirty word at NADM!!! Long story.

10-4 I wont say it again. I cringed when i typed it also because that would deff. bump me up.:hehe: I dont know what a good answer is either and thats why i think it would be easiest to just say 2.65 plug and thats it. At least it would clear up confusion on what people are running. People would know that if they want to be upfront, they better bring their A game and if not, dont be upset when you dont finish in the top half.

Tim

BTW, i have no problem with the fact that guys have and spend the money to get the good stuff, that is just the facts of pulling. It is more the fact that i choose not to go that route but find a cheaper way and it is not okay for basically the same thing.

Last edited:
This is true. HTT, and II Are expenive but everybody allready has a s300 framed charger. You can get a s366 from diesel-plus for $800. They are durable enough for the street and since this is a street class, they should be good enough. If the would do something like this, then i have no problem running the 2.8 class but as long as people can use a loophole to whoop up in this class, so are the rest of us. Maybe they need to drop the rpm limit to 4k because that is all the true street trucks need and wouldnt need s400 air to run.

Tim

Aren't most of the factory 366's t4 flanges?

Yes, at least the ones i have seen all are. Like the ones of of John Deere applications and even our new Terre gator with the cat motor has a s300 on it. I had the part number so i could have somebody run it and see exactly what it is.

(that is not an exact quote BTW, "NASCAR it to death would be closer!!!")

Why? Because I'm getting concerned phone calls about it. As is my duty to the class, I put it up for discussion, and as suspected, we are in the same place as we were before we started.

Guys, no matter what you do with rules, unless you build an IROC truck, and sell it to the competitors, SOMEBODY will find a way to beat you.

Spec turbos will work for small areas-that want no new pullers.

Personally, I think its an over reaction to good trucks/drivers. Let Evan Davis, or Ryan Milby or Bad Duvall take a cheaper turbo and put it on their trucks- I bet they are still up front.

Its the ENTIRE truck that wins, not just one component.

The 2.6 class literally has hundreds of trucks in it across the country.Many are adopting the NADM rules as we had hoped.

What I would like to see from the clubs is 3 class reps, Dodge , Ford, Chevy,get together within your club and come up with some good ideas/wording, and bring it to a meeting hosted by NADM. Date and location up for discussion.
The reason for the reps, is so we can get something done. 200 pullers all
wanting rules to fit their truck and ban their neighbor, is not a good scene, :bang.

I agree 100%

Issue with the t3 is that you now will get a totally custom charger. It will be back like the days of the no adapter rule and you will go pay $2000+ for a charger to run. A competitive 2.6 charger shouldn't and doesn't cost $2000.

I understand this response but all the top 2.6 trucks that I know...have complete built engines and drive trains. 2K is a drop in the bucket compared to what is being spent. I know a few of the top trucks have custom built 2.6 chargers that are at least the price you mentioned.

It all boils down to how much are you willing to spend in R & D and test parts to get what works. Look how much the 2.8 and 2.6 classes have moved forward in just the last 2 years.

I like the current rules and i think they are fair and affective!!

Yearly Rule changes are NOT a good way to permote unity accross the board for the sport..... every organization and local pull permoter is not going to change every year like this one does!!!! It is Ez'er to build a truck to run at the top of a class if it does not have to change for every different place it pulls...and the local pulls the use the NADM rules can do a fair job of teching the trucks... too many rules and there are more things to tech whitch takes more time and is less likely to get done well...

people cryin about the top trucks just makes me, as a "Top Truck"... more inclined to pull even farther ahead

I thought motor sports was about making your junk run better than the norm!!!

I'm happy with the performance side of the rules, )who votes to lock them down for 2 years, 20010,2011 seasons?

.. every organization and local pull permoter is not going to change every year like this one does!!!!

Hey, 09 is only the second year in existence, and the rules had very, very minor changes from 08.:bang

Back