2 gallons low

SAK

I'm going fast mama.
I noticed my fan was coming on a lot the other day(unusual) so I checked the water level and it was 2 gallons low. In march my radiator was replaced and I hadn't checked it since then. There was no water stains around the cap like it puked out and there was no water in the oil. Where could it have gone???? Are the gaskets shot????? :bang

refill it and monitor it closely. also check where you park in the mornings to see if you have any drips.

also could it have been low the whole time?

If I am running a little low what coolent should I put in it?

air packetts inthe engine...... i had that happen just changeing my turbo (watercooled) on the truck and other vehicles. it take time for the new turcks to get all the air out unlike the older model wer you just filed the rad straight up run till themo opened then fill again

fill and watch closely

Its low again. Noticed a light haze of white smoke on start up the other day. :bang

lubeowner said:
Cracked EGR cooler.

Would this cause me to have less boost than normal???

What do I tell the service writer???

Park the truck on a hill so that the passenger side of the motor is lower than the drivers side. This will allow all the coolant to leak more out the egr cooler, and eliminate the low coolant won't leak issue. Then start the truck the next morning. If the steam is worse then you know what is wrong, egr cooler leaking. If the motor is hydrolocked from the leak, won't turn over, then you really know. Just cycle the glow plugs 5 to 10 times to steam the water out of the cyclinder and then it should turn over. Then tell the service writer what you did.

if its under warranty just take it in and tell them you had to add 2 gallons of water /coolant and let them deal with it