200 DDP's

I am saying, i have more lift and added stroke, and so I took your .010"=40hp equation and added mine up, and there is no way mine are making 120hp nozzle size with no added lift or stroke

I don't know what to tell you then. Are you saying that you have .030" of lift? I'm guessing it's not a linear equation of lift vs. hp. Otherwise I'd cut an inch off and get a 4000hp injector.

Another thing to keep in mind is that he also said that lift will affect different size injectors differently. So if yours nozzles are 120hp, then you wont quite see 40hp, I'm guessing.

I don't claim to be an expert on lift or injectors for that matter. I'm just telling you what an expert told me.

I'm gonna be running a 40/ht3b. Good old reliable setup.

I wouldn't worry about an SO, if your gonna change pumps might aswell ppump it.

I ran an II silver 64 for a week with 200 sticks before it cracked my head in 13 places. but it ran well, the smoke was pretty bad but they clean up at WOT

Also how much would I gain by going to an SO pump over my HO?

You will gain a good bit on the top end - the consensus is that an HO pump is not good for much over 550hp. I would not go ahead and swap out a good HO for an SO unless you really need that extra hp - I'd wait until your HO starts acting up.

As far as the p-pump comment, 600hp has been done fairly consistently with a VP, and for most people, that is plenty on the street. Building a puller that needs some RPM is another story, and at that point, a couple thousand dollar pump swap could be justified. $.02

I don't know what to tell you then. Are you saying that you have .030" of lift? I'm guessing it's not a linear equation of lift vs. hp. Otherwise I'd cut an inch off and get a 4000hp injector.

Another thing to keep in mind is that he also said that lift will affect different size injectors differently. So if yours nozzles are 120hp, then you wont quite see 40hp, I'm guessing.

I don't claim to be an expert on lift or injectors for that matter. I'm just telling you what an expert told me.

No just lift and stroke added (pintle and seat) cut

I ran an II silver 64 for a week with 200 sticks before it cracked my head in 13 places. but it ran well, the smoke was pretty bad but they clean up at WOT

Wow did you figure out what caused the head to crack or was it one of those unsolved mysteries

You will gain a good bit on the top end - the consensus is that an HO pump is not good for much over 550hp. I would not go ahead and swap out a good HO for an SO unless you really need that extra hp - I'd wait until your HO starts acting up.

As far as the p-pump comment, 600hp has been done fairly consistently with a VP, and for most people, that is plenty on the street. Building a puller that needs some RPM is another story, and at that point, a couple thousand dollar pump swap could be justified. $.02

That's what I was thinking with what I have read but that was the plan once it goes south. As for the p pump that's a little more than I would want to spend on a pump plus I think the street manners would be fairly bad

Wow did you figure out what caused the head to crack or was it one of those unsolved mysteries

im going to assume the sticks and turbo cracked it. Considering he said "IT" right after he told his turbo set up (not sounding like a dick, just observing)

It was fine until I hit the dyno at scheid. But if had to guess that did it. I ran thoses injectors for a least four months with no problem until the turbo went on. After I got things taken apart, the turbo was covered in oil and the compressor wheel was chewed up.

Ppumps are just as good on the street as a vp.
So spend a grand on vp now, then in two years spend another grand when that one goes out.
I'm not doubting the vp power just thinkin its cheaper in the long run to ppump it.

Kick start is right,Vps are very unprodictable. Also on the street a heavely fueled vp smokes hard. were ppump is more controlable

Well I got a freshly rebuilt SO vp with only a couple thousnad miles on it since a rebuild for 400 so I will be putting that in when I do the injectors and now I need a new clutch and air. I am hopeing for close to 600

I am going between a 64 and 66 but since its a DD I am thinking a 64 but it depends on what I can find for deals when I get the cash for a charger

i run DDP200s with an HE351/HT3B setup and its perfect. with the comp on 5x5, i havent broken 1350* at WOT.

I run a 64 now it works pretty well. If you dont mind a little lag get a 66

Last edited: