2000 Jetta ALH build thread

And because of that man I'm posting all these pics.

Thanks again Michael!!

0410132104.jpg

0414130102.jpg

0414130955.jpg

0619131902.jpg
0619131920.jpg
0620130004.jpg

Damn, do I gotta give someone a lesson on torching tomorrow?:lolly::Cheer:

Yeah, I' have to take one anyway, problem is I have nothing to compare it to. I have to find time to pick up a T and tee in and add another gauge.

Look into mcnally gauges. Very nice and high quality. Mine never seem to lag a bit. They use to make tdi specific gauge also.

Kraiger, I have one one of those too, they're kinda nice and they don't lag at all, the digits in them burn out.

Get an Isspro ev1 gauge. They are still mechanical. They can also custom color it or get you blue light covers. Best of all it would be cheap.

Mark, I honestly don't remember that night so it might be why my gauge pod is made out of ¼" plate Lol

jfettig. That stinks that the digits burnt out. I wounder if they warranty them

Cams and balance shaft issues. Do a swap on the balance shaft to a alh oil pump, and replace the cam.

no balance shafts in a jetta or golf, only Passat. The BEW engine is essentially the same as a BRM when it comes to things that fail or wear.

Parts are so cheap for these little bastards :bow: 500 bucks for rods, wish the 5.9's would be that low. I just don't know I could drive a car, maybe a tacoma swap :rockwoot:

Thats why I love them. Thinking about buying a second one and making a toy. But I have my truck. Hell who wants to buy a lot of parts?.

I've been jonesing for another power toy... I have the car (02 Golf TDI , 5sp, 104k orig. miles)
But I don't have the time or know how to build it properly.

Anyone wanna build it & tune for me?

I have a good buddy that him and I can do it. I have the garage space too. What are you wanting to do to it David?

I have a good buddy that him and I can do it. I have the garage space too. What are you wanting to do to it David?

Don't care about looks.. But would love to have a fast little TDI but it still be a daily driver, get decent mileage, not smoke too crazy, but mostly be Reliable!!

Not sure what would be best to be done. If I had $5k to spend, what would be the plan there?

Don't care about looks.. But would love to have a fast little TDI but it still be a daily driver, get decent mileage, not smoke too crazy, but mostly be Reliable!!

Not sure what would be best to be done. If I had $5k to spend, what would be the plan there?

Rods,pistons, ported head, colt stage two cam, 764 injectors, turbo setup from dark side developments. 22/60 charger, front mount cooler, 2.5 to 3in exhaust, 6 speed trans and head/main studs. That would but you around 7or8. For 5. 17/22 turbo, bigger cooler, pp520s, motor build with cam and ported head, 6 speed trans. Will pull up to 28lbs and be pretty fun.

Rods,pistons, ported head, colt stage two cam, 764 injectors, turbo setup from dark side developments. 22/60 charger, front mount cooler, 2.5 to 3in exhaust, 6 speed trans and head/main studs. That would but you around 7or8. For 5. 17/22 turbo, bigger cooler, pp520s, motor build with cam and ported head, 6 speed trans. Will pull up to 28lbs and be pretty fun.

Damn!! $7-8k

What would be WHP with that setup?

Labor?

Labor would be around 3-4k from a shop. If you know people and wait on deals or used parts then you could very easy cut that cost in half.