2001 dodge idle miss

start with the basics.... remove all aftermarket electrical components.

check crank sensor then map... go from there and find someone with a good scan tool

dont be so quick to blame the VP

Yeah I removed the edge completely and it was almost like it ran way worse. Still at an idle with no load its like a normal truck but as soon as it has a load on the engine it want to idle like that.

That video where I said it was full throttle, that was with the edge out and the front tires against a curb, no brakes.

Okay just making sure but I found one I think, we are talking about the ecm on the firewall on passenger side yes?

UPDATE, 9 miles later and it's starting to haze. This is definitely making me think injection pump, and it sputters for a split second before it starts, timing bad?

dont you think it could possibly be an injector since it doesnt sound like its coming from random cylinders it may just be one? Or could be something deeper such as a cracked head maybe? only reason why I say that is when I cracked the head on my truck it had a horid miss at idol and would black smoke real bad. just throwing things out there its not too bad to pull the head off or pull injectors out and get them checked before throwing $$ at it

All the injectors are firing appropriately, when going down the road there isn't difference between before and after this started happening, no more or less smoke than usual if I get on it, except for the slight haze now while it idles, it doesn't haze down the road that I can see..

Im not sure I may have missed it, but have you checked fuel pressure? also since I believe I read when you took your edge off it got worse, and if I remember right edges change timing and computer perameters maybe your ECM needs rest, could also be sometime internal, I say pull the head and just check who knows, if anything its quick easy and doesnt cost anything really and can eliminate many things, I really dont think its your VP though.

Im not sure I may have missed it, but have you checked fuel pressure? also since I believe I read when you took your edge off it got worse, and if I remember right edges change timing and computer perameters maybe your ECM needs rest, could also be sometime internal, I say pull the head and just check who knows, if anything its quick easy and doesnt cost anything really and can eliminate many things, I really dont think its your VP though.

Yep I checked and reset my apps, and now I'm starting to agree with you, I've driven it two days in a row now and nothing, acts completely normal. Idk WTf if it stays normal okay, I found a bare wire on the maps so I'm fixing it now. Lol this truck will be the death of me

could also be your alternator acting up. wouldn't hurt to clean off your batt posts as well. seems like your chasing an electrical issue not a hard part issue.

could also be your alternator acting up. wouldn't hurt to clean off your batt posts as well. seems like your chasing an electrical issue not a hard part issue.

That could be it! It's rattled ever since I bought it but it charges fine... I check it every other month to make sure but that never crossed my mind!

try unplugging it and see if you can get the truck to act up. obviously you don't want to do that for too long and kill your batt's.