2003 CR High Idle Feature?

DrSpeed

Unregistered User
Is there a high idle feature on this motor? Something along the lines of adding a wire with a switch?

Need it to help with getting the truck warmed up on cold days...

thanks in Advance!! (miss my AIC on my PSD... )

Should be already part of the system - mine does it automatically - it will idle itself up to 1100 rpm when its cold. If its cool, it might take a couple of minutes to decide if it wants to, but it will.

It does it right away around -15C, but it takes a couple of minutes to decide if it needs to at -5C.

might be something in the ECM with the swap, but you should be able to turn it on.

uh...it doesn't get down to negative ANYTHING over here....I just thought that there was a way to manually initiate that high idle feature...

it'd be nice to have that...say, during heavy winching....=)

Get a small piece of 1/16th cable, run to TPS, snake back to cab. Place loop in cable to catch something in cab that will hold TPS open enough for 11-1200 RPM to be seen.

High Idle feature...redneck style :D :D

If its below 30F out, after 2 min your engine will idle up. Below 10F it usually idles up right away.

If you have a pup or tripple dog, you can use it to throttle up to around 2k. In cold weather, I usually set mine to 1500. With the mopar winter front, she's toasty in no time. :rockwoot:

You can have your controller flashed at the local dealership to enable high idle. The newer common rail trucks are already programmed but the older ones are capable, it just needs to be enabled in the ECM. You then use the cruise control buttons to operate it. We do it all the time for people that want it.

Amish Elegance said:
If its below 30F out, after 2 min your engine will idle up. Below 10F it usually idles up right away.

yeah it finally got cold in georgia and i my auto high idle finally kicked in :rockwoot: the only exciting thing about this weather.

now i just need a way to get it to high-idle whenever im lettin it cool off?? my dog and i are way too impatient to sit around in the truck and wait for it to cool down :rolleyes: :1tooth:

high toned sob said:
You can have your controller flashed at the local dealership to enable high idle. The newer common rail trucks are already programmed but the older ones are capable, it just needs to be enabled in the ECM. You then use the cruise control buttons to operate it. We do it all the time for people that want it.

No more reflashing the ECM, Bob Wagner and Marco finally got it right.

The only thing is that I'm talking about the Cummins in my Superduty...so no cruise control here...=/

high toned sob said:

Marco already enables the high idle feature in all softwares.