2004 chevy engine just shuts off randomly

mandly

let it eat
its a 2004 chevy duramax with a edge programer on it around 157000 miles on it and when you are going down the road the truck shuts off and the dash says battery not charging and you can put it in neutral with out stoping and will start right back up has no codes it has done it 2 times this week and thats the only 2 times it has done it thanks jarrad

Check the connections to your batteries and the alternator.

its a 2004 chevy duramax with a edge programer on it around 157000 miles on it and when you are going down the road the truck shuts off and the dash says battery not charging and you can put it in neutral with out stoping and will start right back up has no codes it has done it 2 times this week and thats the only 2 times it has done it thanks jarrad

My old mans used to do the same thing I just sent it up to edge and they sent me a new module.

If it's an o4 it's not an LBZ. Is it an early or late o4 (garrett or IHI turbo)?

ya sorry when i went to look for the post today i couldnt find it in the lb7 form i was like **** i must of put it in the wrong form... it a early 04 lb7

Its edge. I had same problem back in the day and I have read some things about this problem. I think edge will fix it.

I will bet it's the edge as well. They had alot of problems with the early units shutting the trucks off. There is a part inside them that couldn't hold up to the temps and it shorts out. Call Edge and they will take care of you.

Back