2005 Dodge Ram Triple Turbo Regular Cab Shortbed

jaredb900rr

For Sale – 2005 Dodge Ram Triple Turbo 2wd Regular Cab Shortbed

This isn’t an easy decision, but I’ve decided to sell my 2005 Dodge Ram Triple Turbo 2wd Regular Cab Shortbed. It’s been sitting in my storage unit in Utah for the last 2.5 years, ever since I got a job offer in Colorado that I couldn’t pass up. I met a great gal out here, whom I’ve been with for the last two years, and I’ve decided to sell my truck so that we can purchase a larger place.

I co-own an auto repair shop in Murray, UT which is where all of the work was done, minus the motor built by Zane Koch (and crew) at Wide Open Performance and the DTT transmission built by Terry at Moonlight Diesel. The truck started out as a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Regular Cab Longbed 2wd. One of the first mods I did was have Wide Open Performance chop the frame and convert the longbed to a shortbed. In order to get the stance I wanted, I decided to notch the frame and completely get rid of the stock rear leafspring setup. Countless hours were spent cutting/grinding off the old suspension to remove all unnecessary brackets. I opted to install a 4-link setup from No-Limit Engineering that is designed with longer bars for trucks. They suggested using the Shockwave airshocks from RideTech, so I ordered some dual adjustable Shockwave 7000 Select Series shocks ($1200/pair), http://www.ridetech.com/store/shockwaves/. The rear handles absolutely awesome, now the truck just squats and goes!

The next thing I did was swap the 1,000hp (to rear wheels) fully built triple turbo motor (see below for details) out of my 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Longbed 4wd and install it in the regular cab shortbed. Since the regular cab shortbed truck had an existing Cummins motor, it was an easy motor swap. Next on the list was tackling the front suspension. As you can see from the pictures, a lot of time was spent modifying the lower control arms as well as the stock upper spring mount, to be able to mount the front airbags. I didn’t have time to install a front shock, but my plan was to contact Ride Tech and see if they would be willing to sponsor a front shock setup and possibly a compressor system. I’ve driven the truck a handful of times with just the airbags and it handles great, but will obviously need some shocks. Once a wheel/tire combo is chosen, coilovers could easily be installed where the front airbags sit, if that route was desired over the airbags.

Below is a list of the modifications done to the truck as well as numerous pictures, including several throughout the build process.

DTT Transmission built by Terry at Moonlight Diesel
Fully built motor by Zane at Wide Open Performance
Cunningham rods
.020 over Cummins pistons
Port/polish head
DDP200 injectors
Evil Twin cp3s (stock pumps)
Smarty S-06 Programmer
Flex-a-lite Electric Fans
Electric Water Pump
Wide Open Performance Triple Turbo Setup (made 1,000 hp to rear wheels)
3-Piece Manifold

The latest pic I took
a1_zpsabtzee5i.jpg

The Wide Open Performance triple turbo setup
a2_zpsus9nhzls.jpg

Where my truck has sat for the last 2.5 years, in my storage
a3_zpslkbt3pp1.jpg

a4_zpsdhq7pm9f.jpg

a5_zps6d7n6ils.jpg

a6_zpsxphrjrya.jpg

b1_zpssuh0rg96.jpg

b2_zpsh7ppdnza.jpg

b3_zpso5xoxwhf.jpg

b4_zpsgiy6qupy.jpg

b5_zpsuju9dnaz.jpg

b6_zps6apztg5k.jpg

b7_zpsghw416hv.jpg

b8_zpsq4y7djmv.jpg

c1_zpsllutwayb.jpg

c2_zps9ef96grs.jpg

c3_zpsnoi7wfdw.jpg

c4_zpstwiahgu3.jpg

c5_zpsk1bq74kr.jpg

c6_zpsrw9xtuig.jpg

c7_zpss6wl9rhj.jpg

c8_zpsuosslvqu.jpg

d1_zpsislfrbsf.jpg

d2_zpsemggugqw.jpg

e1_zps7wnicxlw.jpg

e2_zps0vnw3dkj.jpg

e3_zpse66nkemx.jpg

e4_zpsocqcss1q.jpg

e5_zps530qfvvz.jpg

f1_zpsq3sugvwh.jpg

f2_zpsrzyu6nzo.jpg

f3_zpsgvfaltxo.jpg

f4_zpszeqhbcns.jpg

f5_zpsqszcag61.jpg

g1_zpsg5mj6hri.jpg

g2_zpsyvodi686.jpg

h1_zpsmp2s4gzq.jpg

h2_zps77ovdljr.jpg

h3_zpsd13z7uyg.jpg

h4_zpsqngjtkh6.jpg

h5_zps2dsun8n2.jpg

h6_zpsirha9niu.jpg

h7_zpswpjuo1v9.jpg

i1_zpsdabx7xsq.jpg

i2_zpsbuyjzdd4.jpg

i3_zpsawjqvql5.jpg

i4_zpsckbq4w8i.jpg

i5_zps28siwzvp.jpg

i6_zpsrqap8rzm.jpg

Here's a dyno vid of my triple turbo setup in the quad cab longbed, prior to swapping the motor/turbos into the shortbed
[ame]http://vid27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/jaredb900rr/For%20Sale%20Shortbed/MOVIE0%20Dyno%20Engine%20View_zpsvvrogylp.mp4[/ame]

Modifying the lower control arms to fit the puck.
[ame]http://vid27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/jaredb900rr/For%20Sale%20Shortbed/MOVIE2%20CNC%20Machine_zpsdto64c6f.mp4[/ame]

A quick walk around
[ame]http://vid27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/jaredb900rr/For%20Sale%20Shortbed/MOVIE5%20Quck%20Walk%20Around_zps0jmmvw3f.mp4[/ame]

In-cab view of speedometer
[ame]http://vid27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/jaredb900rr/For%20Sale%20Shortbed/MOVIE3%20In%20Cab%20View%20Speedometer_zpsa2xwqycm.mp4[/ame]

Last edited:
I was actually wondering what happened with this truck the other night lol. Not much as it looks like. Didn't see a price anywhere unless I'm blind. GLWS

I tried to edit my original post but I was past the 15 minute cutoff. I have well over $60,000 into this vehicle, not including labor. Since I've been out of the diesel scene for the last 2.5 years, I'm looking for offers.

Dayum dude. Keep the truck. Little houses are where it's at!:hehe: GLWS.

Sorry I haven't responded. I've been out of town for work the past three weeks and didn't notice the notification that there were replies here. I'd like to get around $30K for it...make me an offer or give me a ring at 801-879-9282 if you want to chat over the phone about it.

One of my favorite trucks ever to grace this forum. GLWS man. Very fair price. Wish I could afford it. Whoever gets it is getting some amazing engineering and I am sure wayyyy more fun than any other truck they can buy.

Hate when life gets in the way of hobbies...I have been fairly chill on the sidelines as well as my little girl is growing up. 2.5 years mine has sat too. Loving CO?

I want this! How do I convince the wife I need this as a daily driver?!?!?

I mentioned it to the wife. Her response was "sure how much"

I'll be calling you soon!

Noice! Truck is effing badazz! I've drooled over the pics many of times.

Hate when life gets in the way of hobbies...I have been fairly chill on the sidelines as well as my little girl is growing up. 2.5 years mine has sat too. Loving CO?

What's up, CQ?!? I'm LOVING Colorado...when I'm actually in town and can enjoy it! I've been trying to get my Idaho rep to get me out there...I'm still waiting!

Back