2005 Excursion 12 valve

6.7outdoorsman

Well I just finished up my latest project, Ive always wanted a MANIVAN so I found a super clean low mileage 05 Eddie Bauer with 96k on the odometer. Had it for 1 week and sold the 6.0 and started building my 12 valve swap. I found a donor motor with 170k on the clock, tore it down and sent itto the machine shop for a complete rebuild.
engine mods:
New marine Mahle pistons 20 over
shot peened the rods
Hamilton 188/220 cam
Hamilton heavy duty push rods
110# valve springs
4k governor spring
all new accessories i.e water pump, fuel pump,oil pump
215 pump sent out and maxed and balanced
7mm delivey valves
New DDP 5x15 sac injectors
right now im running a He351cw until I can figure out how to make twins work with the space Ive got
Im running the 5r110 with custom tuning that runs flawless
Im seeing 35-42 psi of boost at about 1400*
Im sure Ive for got a ton of details but Ill add them as I can remeber

Load them up to Photo Bucket or similar site, click on the "Direct" URL to copy each pic, and follow these directions. Start with "Click Here". Make sure to paste OVER the "http://" that pops up in the insert box.

screenshot_zpsafd3c975.jpg

Oops. Didn't read the post well enough.
Can't wait to read about this! I've always wanted to do that same conversion.....

couple more pics.

Attachments

• excursion 2.jpg
    excursion 2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ex 3.jpg
    ex 3.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 0
  • ex4.jpg
    ex4.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 0
I got all of the bugs worked out of the tranny and with the new shift point it runs like a raped ape! Had to cut the tranny cross member in order to slide the motor back to fit the fan behind the 6.0 radiator and intercooler.

Wow the power plant is WAY high in that thing. Nice looking ride other than that.

Im running the tuning from DPC, it took a few time but it shifts and runs great, Also the tow/haul works as it should. Never had 1 issue with running the 5r behind the 12 valve.