2006 long start

VERY LONG TIME. the injectors are lapped in the 2-3 mic range from factory, and a 2mic absolute filter will ensure that no particles that pass though the injector are big enough to cause abrasion. Keep the sulphur content down and they live happy long lives. Factoid of the day... Sulphur while it used to make the diesel slippery changes is molecular shape under high pressure that is found in CR type set ups and becomes an abrasive molecule that will start to wear the injector.

Cat 1R0750 2mic filter is the best i have found so far for fuel that fits on the standard FASS set up.

ive been running those filters or the baldwins

on my fuel auxiliary tank, as well as on the GDP filter kit under hood... as per Richard at GDP, the filter should be changed every 25K miles or so, I change mine every oil change (5000 miles) whats an extra 12 dollar filter on an already 70 dollar oil change...

all of what you stated above is an honest truth, and the five micron filter that they have underhood, IMHO was dodge or chrystlers way of getting people to pay for new injectors or a motor sooner than they needed....

To true TxD... Unless Baldwin has greatly improved their standards, i wouldn't use them at all.

Donaldson makes the majority of CAT filters that they don't build themselves. Which is also my second choice for filters, then its fleetguard.

Although as much as there is technology and whatnot behind a filter, its usually personal preference that settles it.

Back