2010 Dodge Compound Turbo

We have been talking about offering a exchange hot pipe that would have the flange welded on already. Even though this may be hard to expidite. (extra frieght etc.) It would help those guys that don't have the ability to weld their own flanges on the hot pipe. This program would help the guys that has already purchased our Twin Turbo Kit without the Wastegate. Thanks, Brady

We have this kit ready for the 2011 as well. That is the truck that I have. (2011)

582 HP, 1435 TORQUE

189843_195972687094642_115818288443416_654367_1213056_n.jpg

Very nice set up. Will it work with just the H and S tuning or would a set of injectors help spool? What is the max boost you see with this system and would head studs be required?

Thanks

Malcolm

Yes it will work perfect with the H&S tunning. Injectors do help make hp and that will help spoolup. With the H&S tunner you can't see actual boost pressure. It measures a maximum boost pressure on the H&S monitor of 39psi. When we made the Dyno runs today on my truck, we used a mechanical pressure gauge that was measuring 51-52psi. The Dyno that we run is a Dynojet 248 which does not totally load the turbos to maximum boost pressure like a Superflow would. I would say mid to high 50's on pressure. Hope this helps.

I do have head studs. I have installed ARP 625 head studs. I am not real sure I actually needed the head studs as we also installed the External Wastegate kit that we make. The Wastegate properly adjusted, will drop the Turbo Drive Pressure (exhaust back pressure) to a safe limit that will help keep the cylinder head from lifting, causing head gasket failure. The biggest reason that I installed the ARP head studs was that I know that more and higher hp testing will be done sooner or later on my truck.
I love this truck right were it is at right now. It has plenty of hp, mileage is up and it has NO SMOKE. The H&S tuner that I have is only a 150hp tune. It would be easy to go up on hp but I am just enjoying it were it is set right now.

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for towing set up that will reduce the egts. 50 psi with compounds is all I would need. Any idea what the drive pressures are?

I would probably install head studs for extra reliability.

Thanks for the info.

Malcolm

The best thing about the Synapse wastegate is that it is totally adjustable. Not only can you adjust the wastegate opening pressure but you can adjust the ring size (orfice size)and the valve travel which gives you a big advantage in adjusting drive pressure. We like to see 1 to 1 drive pressure or slightly below at full load rpm.

Last edited:
I have been driving my truck with the Tuner on WILD. There is no smoke and the power is available any time.