2010 dodge cummins

94fummins

im just placed an order for a 20010 cummins and today my buddy tells me that you cant chip them or do anytghing 2 the 2010 becausae they just put the computer into a lock out mode anyone heard of this or anything eles becuase if this is so them im gona jump ship and go back to the trust worthy ford and get a 6.4 any info ley me know thanks

im just placed an order for a 20010 cummins and today my buddy tells me that you cant chip them or do anytghing 2 the 2010 becausae they just put the computer into a lock out mode anyone heard of this or anything eles becuase if this is so them im gona jump ship and go back to the trust worthy ford and get a 6.4 any info ley me know thanks

It may be that way for now, but if it is it wont take long for someone to crack them. There is too much $$$ to be made voiding warranties.

There might some truth to that, due to the new laws for 2010... But given enough time someone, some where will find a way to do it.

-Rob

You're going to be waiting forever for that truck to get done.

The 2010 will be the same as the 2009 which Smarty and H&S just released so the 2010 will come once the truck is available give or take a few months

So, what would you call the programers then?...

-Rob

Umm I thought the name "programmer" described it pretty well? It programs the ECM. A box is a box that plugs in to the wiring harness. A chip is an actual computer chip that you plug in to the ECM and leave in. Mainly a ford thing. There has never been a computer chip that you plug in to a dodge ECM.

I have a CHIP on my CumminGs...

Carbon Hazing Interface Protocol

For now, you will be able to use an edge programer. Smarty and H&S are both working on the cracking the locked ecu problem. I am confident Marco will get it done soon.

How long till the ship date? Are the prices still pretty decent?

How long till the ship date? Are the prices still pretty decent?

I finally could not wait any longer for this truck that no one knows will be available.. I bought a duramax, hope I didnt screw up...

I finally could not wait any longer for this truck that no one knows will be available.. I bought a duramax, hope I didnt screw up...

Wpeschel, the electronics on the LMM are extremely fragile, so watch what You add in the area of performance,the aftermarket remote start and add-ons seem to cause a loop in the PCI, and bring on a no start condition.

Wpeschel, the electronics on the LMM are extremely fragile, so watch what You add in the area of performance,the aftermarket remote start and add-ons seem to cause a loop in the PCI, and bring on a no start condition.

I appreciate it.. I plan on keeping this one pretty much stock.. I just dont like that it will not go over 96mph at WOT.. Other that that and the fuel mileage this is a pretty nice rig.. I still cant wait to see what the 2010 dodge looks like in person..

I thought I would be seeing them on the dealers lots by now! Can't wait to see these things. The new commercial has them in it! Pretty sweet!

I thought I would be seeing them on the dealers lots by now! Can't wait to see these things. The new commercial has them in it! Pretty sweet!

I figured that.. I called several dodge dealers and none of them could give me a solid date I told them I was ready to buy that day, and if they could give me a solid day that I would wait a little longer.. Some said that some of the parts were on back order, and they would not be out until Jan... We'll see..