2013 Jetta TDI intercooler icing

cumminstech2010

Had a couple times where the Jetta was hard starting, didn't think anything of it due to it being cold out. This morning go out and try to fire it up and nothin just got goin and would flutter out like its not getting air. Finally after about 5 minutes I got her goin and ran good. Took it in after work to get the 10,000 mile service done mentioned the intermittent hard start issue. They removed the cold side intercooler pipe up to the intake of the engine found excessive water build up and was informed by the dealer that there is a known issue for the intercoolers to ice up and cause hard starting issues.They have an updated design intercooler that allows moisture to vent to prevent it from icing. Have it scheduled to have replaced next week. Does anyone else know of any other issues? I don't really want to have troubles with this thing. I am buying extended warranty to 100k miles for an added insurance. Just thought I would share this information for anyone else that is having this issue and wondering if there are any other known issues.

The icing has been known to cause bent rods... be careful, make sure the engine is still in good shape! Water ingestion in no bueno for any engine!!!

I experienced that this morning. Didn't wanna crank let it sit for a bit and it fired off and ran 100 miles just like nothin was wrong. Bought it new so it's gonna be well taken care of.