204,000 mile duramax....what to look for

Mr.T

DPF's are gay
im getting rid of my piece of sh!t dodge and im looking at this 05 duramax with 204,000 on the clock, but looking at it and driving it you'd never know that, its got good tight steering, the paint is in GREAT shape as well as the interior. it seems to run smooth and have a lot of power, transmission shifts firm and at the correct RPM. its a clean one owner and i want it, but im a bit gunshy with the miles it has on it.....what should i look for and check out on it? i dont know a whole hell of a lot about that duramax engine, thaks in advance guys

INJECTORS! They were under warranty for 200k/7 years. Find out if they were replaced.

i forgot to put that, injectors are a given on a dirty LOL

05 is a LLY and its fairly rare to have injector issues with the 05 and up Duramax's.. 01-04 (LB7's) were plagued with injector issues...

As far as what to look for, I would just say maintence history, If it has been well maintaned its not un-common for these motors to run 500k... Good luck!!

not much to look for on an LLY. no injector issues and good strong pistons. Most issues are easy fixes.

No Injector problems with the LLY overheating is a problem that is fixed for 100 bucks or so with a new turbomouthpiece. They did have injector harness problems look for the ice pick trick to fix it.

What to look for? How 'bout a 94-98 Dodge 12V......:poke:

Sorry, just couldn't help myself.*bdh*

injector harness and as posted, some are over heaters but that can be helped.

On another note, I talked to a customer yesterday that just turned 500k on his 07 LBZ. Only thing that has been changed is a waterpump.

im getting rid of my piece of sh!t dodge and im looking at this 05 duramax with 204,000 on the clock, but looking at it and driving it you'd never know that, its got good tight steering, the paint is in GREAT shape as well as the interior. it seems to run smooth and have a lot of power, transmission shifts firm and at the correct RPM. its a clean one owner and i want it, but im a bit gunshy with the miles it has on it.....what should i look for and check out on it? i dont know a whole hell of a lot about that duramax engine, thaks in advance guys

Everyone comes around eventually. :poke: Just give it a good once over on the basic items and check for the transfercase pump rub hole if its a 4x4. I would'nt be afraid of those miles at all and if its as clean as you say it is i imagine the maintnence has been kept up on it.

Is that a joke in your signature? If not, I think your better off with a dodge
yes its a joke LOL

What to look for? How 'bout a 94-98 Dodge 12V......:poke:

Sorry, just couldn't help myself.*bdh*

how about no? i'll NEVER own another dodge, biggest money sucking piece of dogsh!t i've ever owned, i'd be more likely to buy Dean's 6.0 than another dodge.
LOL
Everyone comes around eventually. :poke: Just give it a good once over on the basic items and check for the transfercase pump rub hole if its a 4x4. I would'nt be afraid of those miles at all and if its as clean as you say it is i imagine the maintnence has been kept up on it.

its immaculate so im gonna snatch it up. my wife is gonna go down on monday and get the paperwork goin, so i should have a duramax by the time i get back off the road next friday:evil

Also look for the injector harness rubbing on the alternator bracket, good luck with the buy!