20lbs of boost on stock charger sound right?

1stgencummins17

just a sled puller
I put a boost gauge in my 92 this weekend I'm only hitting 20lbs of boost I have the fuel screw all the way in a Denny t fuel pin an a 366 spring. Does this sound rite to any body or it should be more?

I might expect a little more but not much... I think mine was around 23 when i had the pump turned up with a denny t and that was it. have you checked fuel pressure psi? 20psi of boost might be right, its hard to say.

No I haven't checked fuel pressure. I figured tht was right with ex. Housing being as big as they are on a h1c but just wanted to check an see if tht sounded rite. Wat would be a good turbo to step up to? Hx40 hybrid or like an s300

You may turn your throttle limit stop out a little and gain a little more.

You may turn your throttle limit stop out a little and gain a little more.

ahh yes... good thinking. theres so many variables to how pumps are set up and thats another one.

As for turbo, id get an s300 if you can afford it. my old turbo with the 21cm exhaust housing (same as yours) would boost over 30 psi with injectors and stock lift pump. it just took a week or 2 before the needle moved but it would get up there fairly quick.

Sounds about right. Boost usually goes up a lot as you go up in injector size.

I was around 25psi with stock non intercooled injectors, ground pin, fuel screw all the way in, and a 366 spring.