215 P pump

turboluke

I have a complete 215 p-pump that is all stock that came of a customers 97 manual truck it worked fine I think the truck had around 160000 on it. Just looking for fair offers. Everyone around her knows what their worth.

id say its worth every penny of 600 shipped just for ur information. these pumps are very rare

A few years ago spare 215 pumps were rare, that was probably because the demand was so high.

Nowadays, you can make close to the same HP with the smaller 160 and 180 pumps so the demand has subsided a little.

I will try and get some pics and numbers of the pump asap. I would like to get $500+shipping for it, Thanks

pics of pump

The pump# is a 913 It weighs about 30lbs and my zip to check shipping is 61068. Thanks

Attachments

• 215 p pump 001.jpg
    215 p pump 001.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 59
  • 215 p pump 003.jpg
    215 p pump 003.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 215 p pump 004.jpg
    215 p pump 004.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 35
what is so special about 215 pumps SOOTKING ?

idk maybe the fact that i spent a year looking for one in good shape, try doing a search on cumminsforum for 215 pumps, you might find one, if any. LOL oh and the cam is better, better barrels and plungers maybe that would be a reason to get one??

idk maybe the fact that i spent a year looking for one in good shape, try doing a search on cumminsforum for 215 pumps, you might find one, if any. LOL oh and the cam is better, better barrels and plungers maybe that would be a reason to get one??

You may want to check your sources the 215 pumps have emissions plungers ya it has a better cam but like it was said earlier in this thread you don't have to have a 215 pump to make good power. Also why would we want to search cummns fourm

Actually I was told the earlier pumps had the better p&bs, but 215 has a better cam. I could be wrong though.

You may want to check your sources the 215 pumps have emissions plungers ya it has a better cam but like it was said earlier in this thread you don't have to have a 215 pump to make good power. Also why would we want to search cummns fourm

all of my info about the 215's comes from darren at daves diesel, (hes got a p pumped 6.7) i think he knows a thing or 2 about them. i know that 180's are probably better for pulling but i wont ever do that cuz im not pushing over 4k rpm

it may have a better cam but it defuels like **** on high rpm

It does not defuel...the timing is retarded at high rack travel.

Searching on CF is the first problem. The same cam is used between the 180 and 215. The 160, 175, and 180 do not have p&b's that retard timing like the 215. The only arguable advantage of the 215 is the governor according to the 12v gods on this site.

Free bump for the OP.