241dld to 241 dhd

RAMICATOR

They Call Me Boner
ok, i have a 241dhd for an automatic that has a narrow bearing input im doing a 5 speed swap and was going to just swap the input shaft from a junk dld i have for a 5 speed. the thing i just found out was the dld has a wide bearing input.

So my question is since i have to tear it completely apart. can i just use the front case half on the dld on the back case half of the dhd?

I cannot answer for sure, but I'm going to assume no seeing as the DHD's case is a little wider. The DHD chain and shaft are longer/wider by like 1 3/4 inches. I'll be doing this swap myself.

I got this together and everything worked out fine. Looking a some pics, the DHD i had behind my auto looks nothing like the DHD case pis i looked at on Quad 4x4 website. Alone with not having the larger shaft. I ended up swappin the front case, input shaft and panetary gear set from the manual tcase i had for parts and mated it up to the rear case and the rest of the internals of my auto tcase, as the planetary gear sets have a different cut on the gears between the two.