24v head on a 12v bottom end?

sleeperman

I have a 91 dodge 1ton with a hx35/hx55 twin set up on it stud springs injectors and some other stuff and I now need a head and was wondering how much work it was to put a 24v head on a 12v motor? I no that I would have to get some new injectors and lines and a new valve cover what else would it take to make this work? thanks joey

You would need to run 24V pistons as well and that may require re-balancing the engine.

you'd need pistons from a 24 valve too, notice the location of the bowl between the two.

edit: you beat me to it

this is going to happen on my truck as soon as my new engine breaks or head cracks you will need a head pistons rockers valve cover exhaust manifold custom 24v injectors set to ve or p pump pop press wichever the case may be custom injection lines a new fuel return line to go to the ve or p pump once again wichever the case may be and i am not sure on the 12v cam working with the 24v rockers and pushrods that is yet to be decided im sure someone on here can answer that hope this helps

I've got a 91 engine that I'm parting out. It has a new cummins head that was put on last year. This is for sale priced right. Pm if interested.

this is going to happen on my truck as soon as my new engine breaks or head cracks you will need a head pistons rockers valve cover exhaust manifold custom 24v injectors set to ve or p pump pop press wichever the case may be custom injection lines a new fuel return line to go to the ve or p pump once again wichever the case may be and i am not sure on the 12v cam working with the 24v rockers and pushrods that is yet to be decided im sure someone on here can answer that hope this helps

A 12v stock cam has lower lobe lift than a 24v cam.