24v or 12v build up

ztdamico

Cummins Fan
24v motor or 12v motor.. i will be runnin a 13mm P-Pump on both but i was wonder what you thought about build one.

ill be runnin high hp just thoughts on which one is better

Long Run

i thought the same.. yes it will be a lil more expensive to build but i think it will pay off in the long run... i wanna port the head along with alot of bottom end work.

Any idea on what class u are going to run 2.8", 3.0" ?
Seems the big dogs still rely on 12V but that by no means u have to follow their footsteps ;).
Brandon

prob 3.0 but still might put a 2.8 charger on... why a 12v tho ? yes i understand bbd runs a 12v head... but WHY lol i have a 24v motor looking for qaud numbers 1000hp and i know its gonna be a long haul but i wanna start everything off on the right foot... so you think 12v instead of 24v...

You will never get the flow numbers out of a 12v head that you can out of a 24v head.

I dont know much, but when I asked the very same question about all out performance the answer I got was: Which one does Schied use on the rail dragster?:poke: I think those guys know what thier doing$.02

I'm the same way scheid runs all 12v stuff. dragster, kent's modified, and Brad's truck. All vary top notch motors.

Where are the flow numbers to prove the 12V head is far superior to a 24V head? untill this chart is produced it is all hear say no one has any room to say one is better than the other...
Brandon

I've heard that a 24v head will crack between the valves when used in high hp builds. But I will be running mine as long as i can.

What about a CR head? They flow more. I know the plenum would need modification to clear the P-pump, but are they stronger?

Where are the flow numbers to prove the 12V head is far superior to a 24V head? untill this chart is produced it is all hear say no one has any room to say one is better than the other...
Brandon

ask josh he will show you a 4valve flow numbers compaired to 12v head pretty impressive.... pushed my 4 valve to the max and never had a problem

I've heard that a 24v head will crack between the valves when used in high hp builds. But I will be running mine as long as i can.

i thought they had billet valve seats for this reason? i maybe be wrong.

12 is good but 24 is better! :poke:

I was told 12 is really good but 24 is even better!!! Most people I know that are good pullers are going to a 24 head or have gone to it already. My 97 puller has the 24 head on it.

you guys had any trouble running high rpm's with the bridges between the valves breaking or coming off, i have thought about doing this but alot of people on here steered me from it i feel as well as the 4 valves that the injector placement would help as far as shooting straight in as compared to in from the side, just my $.02 :rockwoot: