24v spring comparison

twoforme2- yes the installed heighth is approx. 1.38". it varies due to seat/valve wear poor machining and generally loose tolerances. This is a supercritical and often overlooked area. Since we have a bridge that pushes on both valves at once if one has a higher inst. heighth and lower seat presure that valve will open first, this can cause uneven opening and premature wear.

Apprximately 40% spring pressure is of no major concern and will not affect engine longevity. Cam failures that I have seen were do to fuel oil dilution or high heat oil breakdown not higher spring pressures. I have seen cams run with up to 220lbs of seat pressure per spring with no cam failures.

Explosives87- The new set of maxspool springs I have are 97-100lbs at 1.38", 186lbs at 1" and coil bind at .775". They are the ones in the last pictures on here. Thats about 20lbs more than factory on the seat, about 20lbs less than F-1 at 1" and they coil bind about the same as ours.

Zach

just thought I'd post in about my dyno run this weekend. I've seen talk in other threads ( about cams ) about how heavier springs will cause hp loss and friction wear... etc. I wouldn't doubt the added psi's will put more wear on the components but, as for power I'm not so sure. For the record also, I have very little knowledge of cams and their specs so this may not be very significant ??

Anyway, last year at Garmons shop day my truck dynoed at 703hp/1400tq. Then it went through a full season of races.

This last weekend at Garmons I dynoed again. Nothing, period was added to my truck to make any more power than it had a year ago. What was added was a set of Zach's springs and pushrods. I was running a different software which I'm sure helped a little but, the point here is... there was no power loss from using the heavier springs and billet rods IMO. If anything... power was gained.

My truck dynoed at 724hp / 1449tq uncorrected

This wasn't to point out that one product is better than another. I only wanted to show that by installing the heavier springs, I was still able to make good power and actually a little more.

Zach, your push rods and springs are sweet pieces of metal and it shows. I did a retorque at Garmons and pulled a couple rods to show. Quite a few folks who saw them all thought the same. Thanks for the time on the phone and getting the rods to me chop chop ! I'm very happy with them.

here's a picture of the Hamilton and F1 springs. I can't say one product is better than the other as far as materials used but, the springs rate is almost obvious by just looking at them. You can definitely see the difference in the 2 ....

springs.jpg

You got the Extreme duty 7/16" exh. pushrods right? Thanks for commenting on the quality. We do our best to make sure we have the best materials and design. I am damn proud of those pieces. Did you take any Pics of the new pushrods? I haven't had time to get the new extreme duty pics and prices up yet.

Zach

yes I did and no I didn't get any pics of the rods. I wish I would have cause that 7/16" is a monster ! Only slightly heavier than the stock rods though which is great.

I figured you were proud of them because of the " Hamilton Cams " name/phone number stamp on them. Not something you'd typically see if the seller isn't 100% sure of their product.

Don't know if it was you he talked to but, within 5 minutes of me pulling the rod at Garmons on Friday, you got a call for a order of them. From what I heard there, you may have a few more calling soon

Keep up the good work man :clap: