271 T-case up grade

Graphic Man

i have a 271 t-case that i will be putting in soon....i have the truck in pieces and was going to send out the drive shaft to be cut to have ready to go back together

what do i need to cut off?....1.5-2" ??

Thanks
Scott

i forget what the length is.

but, you could always put the case under the truck and then measure from the end of the slip yoke output to the centerline of the carrier bearing and figure out the length that way.

i will measure it all when i get it all back together......i was hoping someone could tell me so i could have it all done before everything goes back in to speed up the process

Couldn't you just measure/look up how much longer the 271 is than the 241, assuming that the output yokes are the same length?

When I did my swap I had a flange put on the 271 instead of the slip joint. Once I had everthing done, I drove it to the drive shaft shop in 4x4 without the rear drive line installed. I could measure it, but wouldn't help you any, because of the flange. Sorry...

Paul

thanks guys.....i'll see if i can measure the 271 and 241 and minus the difference

Scott

I am gonna do this swap when my T-case goes. Is it possible that you could get some pics for us? I'd really appreciate it. I've heard that you gotta notch the frame/crossmember on some trucks to fit it in there.

I am gonna do this swap when my T-case goes. Is it possible that you could get some pics for us? I'd really appreciate it. I've heard that you gotta notch the frame/crossmember on some trucks to fit it in there.

once i get everything back and ready to go in i'll try and get some pic's.