2nd Annual Redneck Nationals, Albany GA

Who is going to this event....I can't wait! missed it last year because it fell on the same day as the Atlanta SX.

9 LIVES said:
Who is going to this event....I can't wait! missed it last year because it fell on the same day as the Atlanta SX.

There's something more important and more interesting than diesel drag racing (well, besides sex)?!?

Aww man this should be a good race with a good amount of cash on the line.

GA is now a major speed trap!

Be forewarned: While GA has been pretty lackadaisical over the years with regards to interstate speeding all hell has broken lose since January 1 and they aren't screwing around statewide.

I drive to Florida almost weekly and have noticed an influx of new Charger cop cars (they look sweet with all their disco lights on as long as they aren't in my mirror) so they are probably looking to pay for these gas pigs via citations. Plus, the governor is trying to get speeding ticket prices increased this legislative season.

I seriously have never seen such a heavy and prolonged police presence on GA interstates in 15 years of driving so watch out!

GA law gives you 10 over the limit with the exception being work zones and school zones (common sense right?) so I set my cruise at 10 over on the GPS daily and refuse to give them the common courtesy of tapping the brake when I see them and it's all good but 11 over or more can get you a ticket.

They will give you more MPH near ATL and I know this because GSP shot me twice in the last 2 weeks with laser @ 14 and 15 over in the county which I live and they didn't bat an eye because I'm sure somebody behind me was running 25 over.

You have been warned by a lead foot road warrior.LOL

If Andy says watch out, you better watch out!!!

Thanks for the heads up :rockwoot:

Billysgoat said:
If Andy says watch out, you better watch out!!!

Thanks for the heads up :rockwoot:

FWIW- Georgia is one of the few states in the south where a "Work Zone" doesn't have to have workers present for it to be a "Double Fine" Work Zone.

If you see orange barrels slow down!

I know someone that was recently popped for 15 over in a work zone in Gwinnett County on I-85 @ GA 316 and it was $600!

Last edited:
If he had gotten onto 316 right there and got hit before Sugarloaf rumor is he would be paying upwards of $2000 in fines, that work zone has crazy stupid fines from what I hear. I guess its because usually just to keep up with traffic you have to run 80-90 mph!!

B18B1LS1 said:
If he had gotten onto 316 right there and got hit before Sugarloaf rumor is he would be paying upwards of $2000 in fines, that work zone has crazy stupid fines from what I hear. I guess its because usually just to keep up with traffic you have to run 80-90 mph!!

WOW!

Dagnabit...looks like I will have to sit this one out, the fun funds are running a bit to low to make the trip :bang

BG....Get off your ARSE!!! your gonna miss a killer event!!!!!!!!!

Smokestacs is trying to get us a group deal on some rooms at the Wyngate, but he needs a rough estimate as to how many.
Who's gonna show & wants a deal on a room ???????
post here, or drop me a PM.

turbomatt1 said:
BG....Get off your ARSE!!! your gonna miss a killer event!!!!!!!!!

Smokestacs is trying to get us a group deal on some rooms at the Wyngate, but he needs a rough estimate as to how many.
Who's gonna show & wants a deal on a room ???????
post here, or drop me a PM.

Matt I will be coming down.

You know we will be there. See what you can do on rooms. I was going to try and book something tommorow but I will wait and see what you can find out.

Amy

GotBoost said:
You know we will be there. See what you can do on rooms. I was going to try and book something tommorow but I will wait and see what you can find out.

Amy

Amy, go ahead and call em. Tell em you work for the governmeant, or ya have AAA. Makes a difference, I got mine for 65.00 a night. Weather is looking a little shaky for Sat. tho. Good luck, Gary:ft:

If you guys are in town there is a marty gra in town central this weekend, after the drags we should all go, there will be live bands and plenty to do!! i live in lee county which is about 15 mis from the track!! Ill be the bald guy with an RHC shirt on!!! Come talk some smack! IM not sure if im going to run, is the true street class heads up? My Big A## Ford wont be runnin with the big dogs!no need to get embarrassed and have to drop 10 grand in mods :)