2nd Gen 4x4 RCSB Conversion

dotson90

Chupacabra
I have been searching and looking at what others have done on the site, but all I can come up with are 2wd's converting to a short bed, my question is, has anyone attempted to convert a 4x4 Reg Cab to a short bed? I have a 95 RCLB 4x4 and am thinking about attempting this before having it repainted, I would go and measure and try and figure it out myself but I'm currently deployed, won't be back home for another 6 months. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I don't see it being any different than a two wheel drive. I've done a twd and it's not really that hard. We did a straight cut, lining up the frame straight was the hardest part. If I do another one I'll do a z cut so you have a straight edge to line up with.

Didn't figure it would be much different other than the drive shaft of course but I think that it could still be done with a shortened shaft, as far as the drive shaft angle goes I will probably lower the truck as well so that should pretty much take care of it, it'll be easier to figure it all out once I got the truck in front of me, just brainstorming for now and wanted to see if it has been done. Seeing others, I think I will def. do a "z" cut, looks like it would be stronger and easier to line back up.