2nd gen creative gauge setups

How about this? Cardboard box with round hole to hold pyro on top of dash right under windshield, CUMMINS hat over it to cover the backside/wires. My truck, but I can't take credit for the install. Cheap, easy and in your face where it needs to be but not blocking your view.

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Here's one in a 6.7

Picture198.jpg

And here's one on our 12V Project Truck

Picture081-1.jpg

^^^the Autometer Phantom gauges use a 194 bulb, you can get a 194 LED from Auto Zone, etc

hope this helps

I bought the LEDs for my gauges straight from Autometer. I was wondering about the OEM gauge cluster. Are they 194 in there too? When I had it apart I remember seeing 194 style but it might just be bad memory.

I molded my fuel pressure guage into my ash tray and it works great. I had an old single pod A pillar gauge I cut up and used an epoxy glue to attach it followed with some bondo to smooth it up and a little paint.

n776244560_226157_6267.jpg

Looks good!

I'd bondo the seam and paint it black if it was mine. Still looks good raw though.

003.jpg

single pod.jpg

it does match being unfinished since I have aluminum cover over my dash gauges...and my stainless gauge pod overhead...just a thought...this wouldn't look bad either painted...

I do think the idea of sealing it would be a good idea...would bondo seal aluminum to plastic?

I was thinking it was steel...

It should stick just fine though. I've never put it on aluminum before though so I can't say for sure.

And I was thinking "match" as in, match the black trim, but since all your gauges are surrounded by aluminum...

Lookin' good. Glad you could use it. Did you see what I meant about it not being flat? I sealed mine with black silicone.

Scott

Thank you again. I could tell it wasn't too flat. It sits pretty well now on the dash. Maybe I'll try the black silicone...

Back