2nd Gen Dodge - bed-side exhaust project

Hurley

BLAKLUNG
back a few years ago I had a hankering to do something different with my exhaust stack (reference: Unique exhaust outlet pictures/ideas - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together)

I havent done anything since then....Well, now I've reached a point where I wanted to piddle with it, so I'm going to start soon. Based on my existing exhaust stack layout I will be using a 5" 90deg elbow attached to the current portion that protrudes through the bed floor, which is basically perfectly vertical; this allows the elbow to be rotated to whatever angle I want, and subsequently the correct 'slash cut' I choose to get the look I'm after.

The exhaust itself will be mounted with another rubber hanger for support, and the actual bed opening will be larger than the pipe for ample clearance for exhaust vibes/movement/heat. I'm undecided if I'm going to use a section of 6" tubing cut on the same angle to weld between the outer and inner bedside... something needs to be done, though.

Anyway I leave you with this to ponder:
3699132842_2f50420f1b_b.jpg

Your bed would be Soooo dirty. Why not have it exit at the bottom of the bedside, below the bed floor?

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

dont want black wheels, or to puke smoke directly into the next lane of traffic. PLUS, how many exhaust arrangements have you seen like that?

I'm not too worried about the soot on the bed, because it's all over the bed, fuel cell cover, back glass and cab right now as it is hahah

Last edited:
Unfortunately I cannot route the pipe between bed/axle because of my frame/suspension design

yeah, this isn't a thread to convince others to like what I'm doing - Simply a 'here's an idea, and this is what I did to make it happen' type of thread

yeah, this isn't a thread to convince others to like what I'm doing - Simply a 'here's an idea, and this is what I did to make it happen' type of thread

Your concept pic is nice! it'll be interesting to see if finished hard for me to visualize it. Nothing that some cutting and grinding and welding cant fix.

I rout it straight back, under the bed rail right until the back above the tail lights, then straight out

I rout it straight back, under the bed rail right until the back above the tail lights, then straight out

bahaha! id almost do that, but turn it straight down for a hidden tip look, but I dont wanna mess with that much plumbing.

at least the truck is black bahhahahahaa. I guess i need to get my ass in gear instead of posting

I'm just impressed that someone goes to the trouble to make a 3D model before they build like me. :hehe:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Stack ISO View.JPG
    Stack ISO View.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
yeah, I remember Dex commenting on our 'prowess' in my old thread baahaha

..and surprisingly enough that's how my exhaust looks right now, minus about 24"

oh...uhhhh.... havent really thought about it since I posted the thread. Housework, extended hours at work and other small projects have put this on the back burner.

dang. I was thinking of doing a round (not oval) 4 inch pipe about halfway between the front of the rear wheelwell and the front of the bed, close to the bottom. I was waiting for you, but I might have to throw it in anyway…..

Back