2nd gen heim joint tie rods

Dgeman

Pro from LCP
Anyone make a heim joint steering besides thuren fab.? Or did anyone fab their own? I'd like to make one up for my truck just seeing if anyone runs a heim set up on the street. If anyone made their own pics would be cool. Thanks Mike

ive made my own sets a few times, very easy. just make sure and get the hiems with teflon in them, last much longer. you have to drill out the knuckles to 3/4". ill see if i can dig up a pic of a set ive done. they cost about $150 after buying the weld in bungs, hiems, and tubing.

I need to tackle my steering soon as well. Does anyone have a link on where to get parts? Pics would be good too!

yeah I don't think I'm spending $600 to fix my steering. I was gonna go with ballistic fab for joints and tube inserts unless someone knows where I can find parts at a better price. I don't think it'll be more than $200. Any one that runs heims can you run greasable ones? Does anyone even make them?

Sure, but why bother when you use Delrin races w/304SS balls - though they do co$t more.

Thats the stock setup your refering to? I'm not so thrilled about buying $150 right side tie rods is my main problem.

This is what he's talking about:
Tie-Rods.jpg

I would have expected a 99 3500 to have the T-steering though.

Poly Performance is also another good place to get joints etc. Ballistic Fab and Poly Perf are both good.

^ yea thats what i was talking about. i bought the entire setup off ebay for less than $200 shipped. its been on my truck for almost 2 years with 5" lift and 38" toyos. no problems with it yet...

I haven't looked at ebay for any parts but I do have the HD steering. This will be the 2nd right side i have to put on and Napa and Autozone are both about $150.

just search hiem joints on google. i get all mine from lane automotive. as far as dom tubing, im sure a local race car shop can get it to you by the foot for a pretty good price. the biggest reason i suggest going this route is there cheaper to replace. yeah, they might only last as long as a set of typical tie rods, but, you can replace just the end for $23ea instead of the whole bar.

thats the reason i want to change it over. I've done it on off road stuff just never something street driven.