2nd gen twins kit

96cummins

set of twin turbo pipes for 2nd gen. ran it on my 96 for only a couple months with very low miles. made for s300 top and s400 with race cover bottom ( i ran an htt 62/71/14 and an s480) includes heat wrapped hot pipe, top turbo spacer, tial 38mm external wastegate, 4" cold pipe, 5" intake pipe, 5" down pipe, intercooler pipe, boots&clamps, afe filter, both turbo oil lines, hoses for oil drains. you just supply the turbo sizes of your choice. also if your running a stock intercooler you will need an intercooler boot. i ran i spearco so i just had a straight 3" boot there and thats what im including. the cold pipe, intake pipe, ic pipe are all powdercoated red. ends of cold pipe & ic pipe are bead rolled to prevent boots from blowing off. great looking set built by powerbypoole. Power By Poole with 5x.018 injectors i had it wastegated at 85lbs boost. when comparing this set to others like source, remember they dont even offer an external gate as an option. selling to fund the pipes for my 3rd gen. $1900 tn_DSCI0383.JPG

wish i could buy these but i dont have any time it would just sit here like a bunch of other parts i have. good deal, would love to have twins

What's the size of the AFE filter, is it big enough for something larger than an S480?

part # 24-50512 5" inlet. filter area has 6 1/2" base, 4 3/4" top, 12" tall. not sure on what it flows.

no. guy that built them said he doesnt use one. this is my 2nd set and i havent had one on either set.

alright lets take a 2/3rd kit from source since everyone is familiar with them. there kit is $2550 for everything but top turbo and manifold, but does include a standard s400 bottom. subtract the price for that standard s400, around $750, you get $1800. what do you think your paying for? and thats for a kit without an external wastegate. add around $700 for a wastegate and turbo spacer and plumbing and someone to weld it up and your up to around $2500 invested. now how is $1900 too much to ask?

It to be rude, there are other people who make kits (while Source might have one of the nicest, they are also one of the $$$),but I can buy the same kit you are selling now new w/ a WG for $1600

i am not saying in a rude or bad way just saying might sell faster at less and yes source is high compared to other kits

i know there are more people that makes twins kits and cheaper, but ive also seen the quality of some of the cheaper kits. you get what you pay for. i wouldnt want to open my hood and show off some of the piping kits ive seen. just cause there are cheaper kits doesnt mean i can give these away.im just trying to get some of my money back out of them and fund my 3rd gen pipes.

Back