2nd gen twins on a 3rd gen?

Boydo

Anyone done this.......It should work other than a new charge air pipe from the turbos to the cooler. Would the 5' down pipe fit? I was thinking of moving the 40/3b twin of my 01 onto the 05, as I will be selling the 01 soon. Any input......

The crosspipe between the chargers may have to be modded to clear the battery as well. There's less room between the top charger and the battery on the 3rd gens.

yeah, if it was designed w/ a 2nd gen in mind, it might not have battery clearance. you can make it work one way or another. my '04 only runs one battery, but I don't live in the great white north either! :eek:

eventually I'm going to mount two or three batteries under the truck on a frame mounted bracket and get the other battery out from under the hood.

Thanks for the info.......I may end up put the garrett over the 3b instead of the 40 if I'm go'in to be do'in some fab work already....

eventually I'm going to mount two or three batteries under the truck on a frame mounted bracket and get the other battery out from under the hood.

Forrest, while you're at it, you might as well add ten more batteries and run some PIMP hydraulics on your truck :hehe: