2wd sledpulling

You will also want a auto to get wheel speed. Or have a killer unstreetable clutch....

full performance rebuild, good converter, all the typical stuff, i would do a full manual valvebody so you can hold the RPM's as long as you want and give it a positive upshift if need be.........

TCI can do a Street Fighter for you but they aint cheap......

a single wide tire would be better IMO because you get more force on a larger contact patch, where as with a dually you get 4 smaller contact patches and each one has less force applied to it.

Incorrectimundo!

The downforce is the same no matter what tire size you use.

What does change is the force per unit area, i.e., pressure (as in lb/sq. in).

There's an important difference between the two.

well got to put my crazy idea tot he test saturday
http://mcratracing.com/k/adamsp.wmv
pulled 260' against 11 other 4x4 trucks iirc that was un-offical 4th place.
winer was 272'

not my truck, it has a built tranny and iirc a VA 225 tune in it.. roughly ~450rwhp

Way to go. I have been tobusy to get on the computor to read what has been going on happy to hear you did very well.

Dale

I'm not sure on your local groups.The missouri org,CMPA diesel,swill allow 2wd they must meet all the safty rules that the 4x4 have to make.They run 3.0chargers.open drive train and DOT tires will find out about the hitche for the 2wd their other 2wd class with the big cut tire won't let me pull with them because they arent blown.They run 30' height and 4x4 run 26"

Dale

Dale

Thanks, there are some around here it seems that are wanting to build them and I'm basically trying to see what others are running for rules. Also does it have to be a pickup or would they allow an suv to pull?

Have any of the pulling orginazations set up rules for a 2wd pulling class yet?

I'm not sure on your local groups.The missouri org,CMPA diesel,swill allow 2wd they must meet all the safty rules that the 4x4 have to make.They run 3.0chargers.open drive train and DOT tires will find out about the hitche for the 2wd their other 2wd class with the big cut tire won't let me pull with them because they arent blown.They run 30' height and 4x4 run 26"

Dale

Dale
NADM has/will be letting 2wd run for points as i understand it.
same rules as 4x4 but with a 30" hitch

I just talked to Gene afew minutes ago he said that you can run SUV and any 2wd in any of the classes as long as they make the rules for the class their pulling in safty and susp,and must be diesel.2wd will have 30" hitch.
He said they will be posting the rest of the class rules shortly the 2.6 rules are posted.
Dale

Thanks Dale, I have a truck I'm starting on and it will be easier to stay 2wd on it. If someone can post the rules when they are completed I would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

what class you want to build it for andy???

I meant to ask about 2wd at the NKTPA meeting Sat. and totally forget with all the mess of even getting a Work Stock class added.

If it's at all possible and you are even really gonna try and pull with a 2wd Tahoe, I'd strongly recommend you make a presence at the next rules meeting in Dec. because after that, the rules will be set for next year with NKTPA.

I personally hope they let any 2wd hook that wants to. Obviously as long as they meet the 4wd rules. Also need to give them at least 28" hitch height, if not 30".

If you can't make it Andy, but would like me to put a birdy in their ear about you and any other 2wd let me know and I'll make a good faith effort to remember to do so!

Haven't heard much from you in a while. I hope life ain't been too hard on ya bud! Shoot me a PM sometime.

C-ya

I just started on it Mitch and still trying to find an engine for it. Its got allot of work ahead of it so it probably wont be done until summer. I still have to get the trans in the tow pig ironed out right now so that is number one on the agenda. You know how the parts chase goes Mitch. I tried reading threw some of the rules and thread over there and it gave me a headache. I cant make the meeting in December since we have to be an hour from work at all time now until spring. The tahoe will be the pulling truck though, since I got such a good deal on it. After all you cant pass up free.lol

thought i bring my old thread back...

talk about a 180* on 2wd sled pulling :shake:

:hehe:

OK I want to pull my truck. It is a two wheel drive 4 door dually with an auto trans. My question are : Will stock tires even get the sled to move? How do you drive an auto? Also 2wd Sled Puller did you tie what looked to be water containers down and if so how? That seems a easy way to add weight with very little work. This is just for fun but I dont want to make a total fool of myself.

Back