2WD traction

Get a Auto tranny and some slicks. Then you can have fun and skip all the BS LOL. On a serious note my slicks are M/T 33-10.5-16 and I have done a 1.9 60' and yes I don't have much power. One other thing to look into is are your doing a burnout? If you are doing one and rolling through the water box there are two things I have found. First off is that your tires can still have water up in the treads after the burnout. Second, when you do a burnout on street tires, they tend to get real gummy and slimy and that can make madders worse. could be one reason its better on the street.

Get a Auto tranny and some slicks. Then you can have fun and skip all the BS LOL. On a serious note my slicks are M/T 33-10.5-16 and I have done a 1.9 60' and yes I don't have much power. One other thing to look into is are your doing a burnout? If you are doing one and rolling through the water box there are two things I have found. First off is that your tires can still have water up in the treads after the burnout. Second, when you do a burnout on street tires, they tend to get real gummy and slimy and that can make madders worse. could be one reason its better on the street.

Ha yeah Heath, an built auto and 4wd would really help lol and If someone wants to sponser my truck for a built auto and 4wd swap lol I'm down. As for the water box, I have found my truck does alot better if I can avoid it totally. This past track I went to, there was no avoiding it, so I tried a small burnout with one because i have heard about street tires getting heat and it hurting traction also, but with that burnout it spun horrible at the line, so the 2nd time a did a hellacious burnout to try and get things heated up lol and I think it gave me even worse traction...

I run M&H 12 x 16 Nostalgia slicks (with tubes) on 16 x 10 Allied steel rims. The Nostalgia slicks are a stiifer sidewall than most so your truck will feel much more stable on the top end of the track. I run tubes for an extra measure and I have wheel rim screws to keep the slick from rotating around the rim. I have found the truck feels best with13-14lbs in the slicks. I have yet to do a boosted launch (leaving the line at around 2lbs) and my best 60' thus far has been 1.90. I have some different trans tunes that will let me leave in second gear (where I am seeing 12-14lbs of boost). That should get my 60' times down quite a bit more and get me close to the 10s (my best time with a 1.90 sixty foot has been 11.52 @ 122mph).

im also on the 33/10.5-16w bandwagon.

1247262139.jpg

get slicks blake. since you chickened out of the sledpulling truck with my old VP truck, put some damn slicks on your truck.

hey now...no one said anything about not having a sled puller also....just working on one truck right now...the VP is still in cosmetic stages...

blake, all i do is air down to 30psi. When i launch i bring my revs up to about 1000 rpms. Then when its time to go i moderately get on it just enough to keep it from spinning, then floor it around 25 mph. My best 60ft to date, although not that good is better than yours at 2.3** something. Maybe try less rpms launching or something? Slicks do help too. Ask Heath, he has a set of M/H slicks for his. He hooks up real nice.

It sounds reasonable, I do it easilly at 1500 since I installed a Richmond Locker in my 1994 2WD Ram with 33x12.5-15 at 28psi.

I have also a problem getting traction and I have a dually, I removed some springs in the back to get more weight transfer. I have not gotten to the track yet but trying on so streets it still looks like I can't boost much. no money for cheeter slicks yet. I have also gone down to 25 psi???

With a 2wd, always remember slow is fast.. haha.. From time to time I could cut a very good time with 20'' Nitto Redline tires.. My fastest 60' with my 06 was with them, and not my drag radials. This was in Bradenton, FL.. The track had to be awesome that night.. When the truck was around 600rwhp, I could cut 1.7-1.8's fairly often with the 20'' Nittos coming out soft.. When the hp shot up, 60' times under 2 seconds seemed rare..

what was your secret brad? What was your launch RPMs and strategy?