3.0 class tire option idea

Honestly though, if 6 DOT tires bite harder than 4 bar tires, then why doesn't the super stock/ open mod trucks run the DOT tires?

My thoughts exactly!

I think bar tires in 3.0 would be cool. The 31" is not a bad idea either I don't think. A 31" bar tire set next to a 35" DOT tire does not look 4 inches smaller. A buddy of mine has a set that we are going to try on his 3.0 truck just to see how it does sometime this spring. Believe it or not a friend of mine that runs prostock said that when he swapped to bar tires from DOT tire he broke less parts and of course did pull better. Just my 2cents

My thoughts exactly!

I think bar tires in 3.0 would be cool. The 31" is not a bad idea either I don't think. A 31" bar tire set next to a 35" DOT tire does not look 4 inches smaller. A buddy of mine has a set that we are going to try on his 3.0 truck just to see how it does sometime this spring. Believe it or not a friend of mine that runs prostock said that when he swapped to bar tires from DOT tire he broke less parts and of course did pull better. Just my 2cents

Bar tires don't load and unload like a DOT tire does. The DOT tire can cause a lot of chatter in the driveline.

Honestly though, if 6 DOT tires bite harder than 4 bar tires, then why doesn't the super stock/ open mod trucks run the DOT tires?

I could be wrong but the little 31" bar tires referred to earlier are a far cry from the Cepek "giant pullers" the mod diesels run. I could have misunderstood that though.

There were some pics on here from an indoor pull with some gasser trash on these little dinky bar tires...looked goofy as hell and that's what I thought we were talking about.

There's a class up this way that runs those kind of bar tires (they're meant for a skid loader or something like that) that was done for equality and economy...a low cost field-leveler kind of thing. Not sure how those would fly on a 3.0 diesel setup.

31's don't measure 31 inches just like the 34's are larger than 34. 31's would just make the 3.0 class a little different than the mod's with 34's. Just like now you have work stock 2.6 and 3.0 all look just about the same when you go watch them. Cepeks would make the 3.0 class look a little different than the other classes. It will also make the truck hook better trust me.

Matt ran them on his 3.0 duramax at an open pull or two. I don't know any info on the tires at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jCs9Hgp30s

Those were 34/18/15 Cepec's, they definitly make it look cooler. I think the truck ran "smoother" with them on. I don't know how much better they really hooked up, but I would get double cuts if I was gonna run them all the time. They would pile less dirt...

I could be wrong but the little 31" bar tires referred to earlier are a far cry from the Cepek "giant pullers" the mod diesels run. I could have misunderstood that though.

There were some pics on here from an indoor pull with some gasser trash on these little dinky bar tires...looked goofy as hell and that's what I thought we were talking about.

There's a class up this way that runs those kind of bar tires (they're meant for a skid loader or something like that) that was done for equality and economy...a low cost field-leveler kind of thing. Not sure how those would fly on a 3.0 diesel setup.

Not all 31's are cut Ag tires, you can buy them new from Cepek...The reason people run cut Ag's is because they can be bought new for like 175 or sometimes less a tire then cut, lightened, sharpened and hardened for less than what you can buy a new Cepek that still has to be hardened...Plus there is about 50 different tread styles out there that can be used as the base for a specific tread cut that you want and multiple ply thickness from 4-16 plies...

I think Cepeks in the 3.0 class would be really entertaining for the fans since there are alot of 3.0 trucks. just a thought though

definitely Cepeks in 3.0 :rockwoot:

nlir2010.jpg