3.0 protrusin rules

bdp

beans diesel performance
3.0 protrusion rules

Looking to get some clarification on the 3.0 class rules on the charger. Here are the rules from the TS section,
One turbo with one pressure stage permitted. Maximum of 3.0” Opening on intake wheel. Map width enhancement is allowed not to exceed .250. Compressor wheel must protrude into three inch bore 1/8”, intake housing may not exceed three inches turbo mounting plates are permitted.

There are no location rules on the MAP enhancer groove, does that mean it can be anywhere? Also the last part of those rules confuses me where it says "intake housing may not exceed three inches" Does this mean no tapered inlets or "race covers"? It has no limit to the length of the bore like the 2.6 class does.

The rules look very simple I just want to make sure I only have to make one turbo or one cover and not get dq'ed for something I didnt understand.

Last edited:
Looking to get some clarification on the 3.0 class rules on the charger. Here are the rules from the TS section,

There are no location rules on the MAP enhancer groove, does that mean it can be anywhere? Also the last part of those rules confuses me where it says "intake housing may not exceed three inches" Does this mean no tapered inlets or "race covers"? It has no limit to the length of the bore like the 2.6 class does.

The rules look very simple I just want to make sure I only have to make one turbo or one cover and not get dq'ed for something I didnt understand.

Yes no restrictions on map groove placement for the 3.0 class. I saw a hx60 tricked out for the 3.0 class this past weekend and wow it looks like it will move some air.

I think somone just sent me a pic of that turbo, pretty wild and explains alot on what can be done and still pass tech.

What does "intake housing may not exceed three inches" mean? compressor discharge outlet?

Seems to me like the 3in. in (inducer)- 3in out (Exducer) rule like the super stock tractors run.

Lynn

Seems to me like the 3in. in (inducer)- 3in out (Exducer) rule like the super stock tractors run.

Lynn

Better not be that, cause I know many of them are running larger than 3" turbines.

What does "intake housing may not exceed three inches" mean? compressor discharge outlet?

I wonder if this is their way of saying that the inducer must be 3.0" all the way out to the end of the shroud?

I wonder if this is their way of saying that the inducer must be 3.0" all the way out to the end of the shroud?

As in "no velocity style inlets" or "convex inlets" such as this?
60series.jpg

Last edited:
It kills me how the rule writers can type vague run-on sentences, and then wonder why people question the rules.

Rule writers should have to prove that they actually passed 8th grade grammar and composition.

Someone call up Garrett or Holset and tell them you want a turbo with a "3 inch intake housing" and see what you get LOL