3-53

k30

This stock motor does a good job of pushing this truck, while getting 28mpg.

Is there anybody on here that would like to share any experience and knowledge regarding this engine's performance potential and reliability?

"The motor should have been a Option is was almost a bolt in. 104 deg today and it never gets hot. Im running the stock 6cly raditor and a electric fan ,And it not even comes on."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1EH8ys7sPU&feature=RecentlyWatched&page=1&t=t&f=b
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF9EpUDpvZU&mode=related&search=

thats cool. Got any more details on what it took to do the swap? I see you said it was pretty straight forward.

C-ya

I could give you some ideas on hopping the old puppy up.
Would like some more information. Blower? Injectors?

That truck sounds really cool.

From the sounds of it, this man knows how to drive a detroit 2 stroke.........Like you are terminally PO'ed at it and would like nothing better than a piston to exit the block LOL

That's a neat ride, I'm jealous :bang

k30 congrats on your ride

been 25-30 yrs since i heard of this frankly i had forgotten [ol age lol] a lot of guys that worked on equip using these engs built p/u for same reason it fits with minimum heavy engineering, 353s made about 80 hp at 23-2400 rpm. DETROIT DIESEL also built them in il 4s & 6vs & 8vs. apps that i know of marine, trucking, & agriculture, machinery, const. equip. 1st class installation =s reliability & longlife along with clean fuel & non abrasive air [filtered]. however emissions dont fall within gov regs [usa] for vehs manufactured by todays standards this makes this unpopuler for folks that live in states that have inspection, emiss, licensensing woes to deal with. fla. dropped insp yrs ago. if this is a matter of no importance to you all the better. dont lug or overheat and RUN it. looked at utube but seen none of your talent.how bout a pix or 2 of install? for what its worth dept: parts are still available allover at a figure that is alot more pocket friendly then electronic diesels .D.D does make some electronic stuff for 71 series [gov]
more power etc. but what do you want dragster or driver? in closing the big bros 71 series , were known as poor man's eng & all DD in truck apps dont leak they simply "mark there spot" regards butch