30" FTE resonator install/review

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
Got it installed this morning which is a no brainer...a semi-trained Houge could pull it off and not even need a "program" to do it. LOL

Anyway...went for about an 80 mile drive to see if it lived up to the hype.
Truth is....it's even better that they say.
I had a drone at 75ish mph that almost prevented conversation from happening....it's GONE. I don't mean almost gone...GONE. The only thing I hear now at anywhere from 60-100 mph is the injectors clicking and a little turbo whistle that I didn't even know was there because the drone was so bad.

EGT's did not change one bit....still 650* on the nose at 75 mph so I guess there's no added restriction in the exhaust with that thing.
Nothing else changed except the drone. Still has a nice tone to the exhaust both at idle and driving....I can't say enough good things about this part.

If drone is your issue...FTE has your solution.

Last edited:
The difference I can see is the resonator is a complete spiral...like an auger bit.

I have the 30in FTE resonator on mine as well and it does exactly what was stated above! BYE BYE drone!

If its cool with you UNBROKEN i have some videos over on CF and can post the link so others can see the difference!

I may have to buy one for 06 DIESEL's truck...we use his truck towing my puller all the time, and the drone is crazy.

Yep, both are similar in design, and will both do about the same thing. We are currently looking at making smaller versions of our QP mufflers as well. Wally did his homework, and has a great product on his hands.

Just put mine on today. Definatly helps with the drone. It has a real deep tone now, not quite stock, but not too loud either. Much nicer to drive.

I put mine in and told the wife I added it... she was mad because she liked how it sounded, but hated the drone. She rode with me and couldn't tell a difference... wasn't until she rode with me while towing the camper that she really appreciated it. Wally got it right on the first try here!

Rich do you have any sound clips of your truck after the FTE install? I am having a difficult time deciding between the two lengths ...

I also have the FTE resonator and it is the BOMB.... Wally is the best to deal with and gets it in the mail lightning fast. If you have a drone this will get rid of it....

Best resonator out there! The FTE resonator killed the drone that my Aeroturbine could not.

Back