3126 Cat

Gdogg

I have a friend with a 2001 3126 cat 275 HP in a Freightliner and has was asking me about getting some more HP. he called Cat and all they will do is a flash for 25 extra HP and no more torque. What options does he have for this engine? Thanks Guys:Cheer:

None...it's a pile of crap, just run it until it blows and put something else in.

If he wants to try it, I have a TS Mp8 for one that I'd sell cheap. I'm ripping out a 3126 and swapping in a tuned up VP 24v.

Chris

None...it's a pile of crap, just run it until it blows and put something else in.

If he wants to try it, I have a TS Mp8 for one that I'd sell cheap. I'm ripping out a 3126 and swapping in a tuned up VP 24v.

Chris

Yep, I have read a some other threads and that is what most people say.
I never argue with experience! Is it worth while to use a tuner on this engine or waste of money?What are the best/good engines for medium trucks?

The TS MP8 I have made a difference, but it's not a huge difference...like I said, if he wanted it, it would be cheap!

5.9L would be better than a 3126...but a C series Cummins, or a DT466, even one of the MBE900 series Mercedes is better....I've had them all!

Chris