35 tires on truck

fairmont

wat all do you have to do get 35 tire clear on 4wd 2500 and wat gear do ppl use i do a good bit of towing thanks

No modification is needed to fit 35, wheel offset must be correct

backspacing is key (I believe my 8" wheels were 4.5" backspacing).. Most just do a leveling kit. 3.54's are too tall. 4.10's are too low (I've had both with 35's, same truck).. 3.73's would be real nice to have.

I'm not sure what the back spacing it on theses wheels but i am running 35s with no issues and no lift
IMG00116-20100101-1601.jpg

You don't need a leveling kit for 35s to clear? I always thought you did, I'd really like to have a set but I dont want to have them rub.

I just trimmed a very small amount of the plastic off the lower plastic portion of the bumper, no rubbing. It just depends on what backspacing and wheel width you choose.

I just have a 2in level, no rub. No difference in lagginess or acceleration for me either.

With a 2" hell bent steel leveling kit, I didn't rub with 315/75/16 on stock steel 6.5" wheels. Full lock turns and even driving off road it was fine. If it was really muddy out, the mud would build up in the tires and wheel wells and rub a little mud on mud.

Finally one day I decided to change the trackbar to fix my steering wander. The new track bar, cheap one from Autozone, moved my front axle about 1" towards the passenger side. After that, the driver's side tire would rub on the lower control arm at full lock.

I have 315/75-16s and a 2" leveling kit front and rear off ebay from TopGunCustomz. really fair prices on their stuff and good product too. not the plastic coil spacers. they are steel for more strength.

X2 I've had TGC spacers on my truck for 2 yrs. Not one problem.

my current setup is a 325 tire. Wider then the 35x12.5's. On a 10" wide wheel with 4.5" backspacing and I still don't rub.