3rd Gen 1500 cummins swap kit

Aren't you doing up an SRT-whatever truck???

Yea as soon as I get done with the 2 fummins I'm in the middle of swapping! Its the same frame mounts as the 1500 and if this would save me the time of modifying the frame i'd be okay with that

Well as soon as we figure out the design we can start making some up. We will probably start with the v6/4.7 v8 design since that's what most people will be using.

And kick start yes the idea is a complete bolt kit without having to fab anything.

And mark if you happen to pull that v6 and want to measure from mount point to mount point were the bolt drops in that would be great! I'll be headed to the junk yard Tuesday to grab some measurements myself.

Well I'm prolly gonna stop all my projects and find a 3rd gen BC that's what I really want anyway

But after doing more research there may not be different motor mount locations. I was looking at 4.7 to hemi swaps and the mounts wouldn't line up when they dropped the hemi in. And it looks like mounts are farther forward on the hemi block, therefore it wouldn't line up with the transmission. But either way I'm headed to the junk yard this afternoon to get measurements before diving into this blind. So stay tuned for updates.

I just sold my 1st gen... I'll be waiting for a kit!! Please lemme know if you find one cheap

Ok I went to the junk yard for some measurements and now I need one of you guys with a diesel to snag some measurements for me. I need the width of the motor mount. The measurement of just the metal piece and the total with the rubber bushing on each side.

13721775004_eff0f96d84_b.jpg

Looks suspiciously like a 12 valve or VP engine mount in the area where the bolt passes through the mount, as well as the rubber spacers/guards.
Oh yeah, BTW, my 3.7 2005 1500 truck is for sale.
Just bought a QC-SB 2500 with a bad motor that needs attention and it may end up with a 6.7 in it instead of pissing around with this 1/2 ton.

Mark.

Last edited:
Well that's because it's a mount from a 2nd gen. I just used thay pic because they are similar to the 12 valve mounts.

And I'd be interested if you weren't all the way over in Nebraska. But if you wouldn't mind taking a picture of the mounts from the top and front view that would help me out a lot for reference. And you could email or text them to me of it's easier.

Back