3rd gen MPG Q's

stinnett25

Hey fellas. Ive heard from a few people that by adding a tad bit bigger injector on these 3rd gen trucks you can get a lil bit better milage. Now to me that sounds kinda crazzy. Has anyone seen inprovments from adding bigger stix? Im talking 50hp to 80hp.

Now on my truck i have the S&B intake, a 5" with muffler, aFe bladerunner, and Eliminator fuel pump and running a Smarty with Beta 4.4. My tranny has a single disk HTS and tow HTS valvebody. I get everyday, hand calculated, 16.7. Thats with 305's on my stock 17's.

I hear of fellas getting in the 20's and i for the life of me cant figure out how that is possible. Unless it just depends on which truck you get off the line.

I drive 50 miles back and forth to work. Thats 50 miles one way. I go from country through city back to country. All highway miles except going through town.

Would it benifit me to go with 50 to 80 hp stix in my truck with a stock charger?

heard the same thing, seems odd. my plan is to go with 90 ddp's, a silver 62, arson III , and a garmon tranny once the single disks come out. My '06 sees more highway miles wearing out I85-I65 from VA to Mobile and Pensacola.