(4) 10's behind seat?

WOW ,,, haven't seen those amps in a long time ,,, if i'm right are those the old school autotek amps???? if they are i had 2 7600's for 8 12's in an acura walled off ... man that brings back alot of old builds i did ... those amps are about 17-18 years old ,wow thats was a long time ago

i rember then if you didn't have fostgate, lanzar , hifonices, kicker or phoenix gold you where a poser... those where some of my best times

Remember with a Crew Cab Superduty you can move the rear seat forward about an inch or so also just by drilling new holes.

I had 2 - 12" Kickers behind the Seat of My CC Superduty...It sounded great!

Remember with a Crew Cab Superduty you can move the rear seat forward about an inch or so also just by drilling new holes.

So just drill some new holes in the brackets?? I think that should give me the clearance I need to get those subs in there. I have been out of town working so i havent had a change to get down to the audio store.

i rember then if you didn't have fostgate, lanzar , hifonices, kicker or phoenix gold you where a poser... those where some of my best times

You will enjoy this ad from a magazine I found then....

ScannedImage-5.jpg
[/IMG]

So just drill some new holes in the brackets?? I think that should give me the clearance I need to get those subs in there. I have been out of town working so i havent had a change to get down to the audio store.

Might want to check with Rich (unbroken) on that. I know the 99-03 seats can have the brackets flipped and good to go, but I don't know of the 04+ seat, Rich mentioned once he had "modded" his seat a little to gain some space.

Rear Seat Brackets - Powerstroke Nation

I am pretty sure you can get right at 2 cubes behind the rear seat, but nothing more than 5.5" MAX for mounting depth. That mounting depth might even be accounting for a fiberglass rear wall instead of 3/4" material, also where the cab vents are will limit depth and pretty unavoidable with 4 subs vs 3 or 2. You could completely remove the vents if you want but its a big debate over the effects this has on the truck.

Pretty much you are limited to shallow mounts, only conventional sub I was going to consider when I was looking was the Treo SSi (or some other lesser knowns.) Kicker shallows (CVT) require a a bit more airspace than comparable shallows which I think kinda defeats the purpose. Pioneer shallows only need something like 0.3-0.5 and are generally a good bang for the buck deal. Some other notable shallows to consider would be the Memphis S-class (I really like their looks and specs on paper) the JL TW (big $$ but supposedly top dog) Exile audio, and RE audio have some good shallows too. Also Stereo Integrity (small S. Carolina based company) has a new shallow sub that is of a completely different design (XBL^2) which I would love to try out. I have their Magnum V4 and really like it but its a TOTALLY different sound compared to normal subs and not for everyone.

Lots of good advice so far, get the box part squared away first since it dictate the overall sound much more than the subs themselves. If you get close on airspace you can use some polyfil to trick the subs. I would recommend building it yourself, or finding a buddy to build, or a shop.

Roger that guys. I figured I would let you know i put my buddy on it.

I was waiting on getting my new double din in, and that goes in tomorrow. My neighbor gave me a top of the line pioneer double din.

As far of the box goes now, it is now narrowed down to 3 shallow mount 10's. Thinking of the pioneer also?

Anyone got any ideas for the amp?

Wow, they have some crazy stuff over there!!! I dont worry to much about how it looks as long as the back seat is folded up,no one can see it anyways. LOL

Yeah, but 99% of people will lose a lot of sound (both volume and quality) with the seat up.

So very true. So what is your best advice as to where to put it then??

On a side note, i have been wondering if it would be possible to remove the metal things below the seat and put them there instead.

Thanks preston! Im not a well...u know..with my want for subs, i just find that a 10 sounds good but still falls short somedays. The main issue I have right now is clearence behind the seat. The current 10 that is in there hits the back of the seat and i have blown it once. What is the advantage of going with a 12 over a 10 to begin with. Do they sound better? Are they louder? Do they hit harder and cleaner?

hahahahahaha :hehe: d@mnit dean

So very true. So what is your best advice as to where to put it then??

On a side note, i have been wondering if it would be possible to remove the metal things below the seat and put them there instead.

That's a pretty good option actually. A number of people have taken that rack out underneath the rear seat and put a box there.

Just my opinion, but the two best places are under the rear seat or the center console. Downward firing. But if you can move the rear seat forward enough to keep the sub from hitting the back of the seat, behind the rear seat would work fine. Just have to pay close attention to airspace.

So will I need to build a custom box then? Or would it be possible to use one from the earlier model year trucks. I cant thank you enough for all the help!!

There are companies out there that make boxes for the center console, under the rear seat, or behind the rear seat but you're going to get your best sound with a custom made box (if the builder knows what he's doing).

FWIW, my guy just told me he'd make other center console boxes for $550 - $700 depending on who does the vinyl / leather work. That's a box for (2) 10's and you supply the subs.

Roger that....Let me look around and see what we got going on. Putting in the double din tonight!