4 cylinder cummins ??

Done it on my friends jeep, no mods on it. I think it depends on the body, CJ6 7 ect.

Interesting screen name, assume your a ww2 buff. Or is just a random coincidence.

Bout to do this with our CJ7. It's got a chevy 350 and th350 tranny in it now. Bout to pull it out and drop in the 4bt with a trans adaptor to the th350 with new convertor. All we should need to do is fab up some motor mounts. Gonna buy Aaron at HD fabs motor if he can get a start on his swap.

Bout to do this with our CJ7. It's got a chevy 350 and th350 tranny in it now. Bout to pull it out and drop in the 4bt with a trans adaptor to the th350 with new convertor. All we should need to do is fab up some motor mounts. Gonna buy Aaron at HD fabs motor if he can get a start on his swap.

I haven't heard much luck with a 4BT in front of a th350/400. My granddad and old man dropped one in a late 70's chevy in the early 90's with a th350. They couldn't get it to shift right (not enough RPM's). They gave up and put in a truck with a manual. But it might work better since its a toy and not a farm truck.

Alot of the guys on 4bt forum are runnig a ZF-5 speed and a NP205 T-case, the t case fits well in between the narrow frame rails.

All I was told we'd need was a lower stall convertor to make it work. Would the vb need to be tweaked too?

The converter that was in the Th475 / 4bt from the step vans isn't the same stall as the gas th400.

They also have Valve body work , manual adjustable modulator and a all 1 piece deep trans pan that stiffens the case .