4000 RPMS early 2004- Smarty CR

Triton, I've beat on my 06 turning high rpms (over 3900) for quite some time without issues. W1cked is running stock valves and springs as well running raised rpm's.

Morse said:
Triton, I've beat on my 06 turning high rpms (over 3900) for quite some time without issues. W1cked is running stock valves and springs as well running raised rpm's.

better safe than sorry , especially the way valve seats drop in these trucks so easily. 60lbs springs I don't think will keep your valves safe for long at those rpm's :-)

I don't think Bob or MADS should recommend using this software to anyone that doesn't have at least some springs. There's a lot of daily drivers out the using the Smarty that just may end up with trouble. Not my business though... just my opinion :blahblah1: :-)

triton said:
I don't think Bob or MADS should recommend using this software to anyone that doesn't have at least some springs. There's a lot of daily drivers out the using the Smarty that just may end up with trouble. Not my business though... just my opinion :blahblah1: :-)

You got that right. I can see alot of guys with big problems after its released...I know Ill be getting springs before I run it

Yes the springs will be a must . and the soup nazi and I have a plan

Pay to Play

Yes you can install springs on a 24V with the head on. You will have to pull the injectors, atleast I did. I made a tool that would compress all four springs at the same time on on cylinder. Took me about 4 hours to change out all 24 springs.

Malcolm

I would buy the cummins tool to change valve springs. Very similar to what 24VChevy made. It compresses all four at once and makes life easy.

Just a word of caution. Too high of spring pressure will cause bent push rods. I had a spring that at .400" of lift exerted over 300 lbs of force per spring on the rocker bridge. With over 600 lbs of force on the push rod caused bent rods. At least it did in my case. I changed over to F1 springs and no problem since.

Malcolm

im glad that finally us 03-04 guys can catch a break. Bob, are you and don planning maybe a price break for those of us that already have a smarty?

but of course. Lets finally make some noise. The silence from the troops is a a big question mark.

Last edited:
Can't wait,sounds like springs,studs and injectors are on my list since the valve cover will be off.

Hmmm!

I resemble those small BD turbos!

24VCHEVY
Better add a cam, springs, and a pump mod to the bigger tank and lift pump!
Looks like I'm going to need more fuel.

:thankyou2: How did your wife like the wine? :thankyou2:

Great work Malcom!

I can not seem to find it on the s-06 page.And can you down load this feature and still run a beta file?

Eric

On edit looked again at the page and realized that all of the programs were updated today.

But what about beta 4.4 I like my added pressure.:rockwoot:

Last edited:
Howling said:
On edit looked again at the page and realized that all of the programs were updated today.

But what about beta 4.4 I like my added pressure.:rockwoot:

Beta 4.4 with speedlimiter may be special request

Back