4000+++ RPM'S for CR's????

Dan@PPE

Comp Diesel Sponsor
We have had a couple of beta boxes out on the market for the last couple of weeks. You have seen some of the results. Do you have any questions?

Dan Grant

Dan@PPE said:
We have had a couple of beta boxes out on the market for the last couple of weeks. You have seen some of the results. Do you have any questions?

Dan Grant

When is it going to be available to the dealer's? What all can it do? Can I stack it with the HOT? :pop:

Are these boxes compatible with non-Dodge ECMs? I haven't spent much time under the hood of the common-rail trucks yet - so I'm not sure if this thing just connects to a few sensors (rail pressure, crank position sensor, etc.) or what...

I have a Cummins "ISB 170" (3.9L, HPCR, 16-valve, etc.) and it was out of a step van (along with a matched-up Allison LCT-1000 with an SAE housing) so it doesn't have the same ECM as the Dodge application - it's more of the traditional medium/heavy duty ECM with a LOT of pins on the connectors. It also has a 'cooling plate' on it and runs fuel through it to keep it cool.

Also - would this box play nice with the Allison and its TCM?

Thanks,

Matt

will the valve train or any internal compnonents need to be upgraded to handle the added rpm?

They are ready now! You would need to send your hot tuner in for an update to the new software....

Holeshot said:
Are these boxes compatible with non-Dodge ECMs? I haven't spent much time under the hood of the common-rail trucks yet - so I'm not sure if this thing just connects to a few sensors (rail pressure, crank position sensor, etc.) or what...

I have a Cummins "ISB 170" (3.9L, HPCR, 16-valve, etc.) and it was out of a step van (along with a matched-up Allison LCT-1000 with an SAE housing) so it doesn't have the same ECM as the Dodge application - it's more of the traditional medium/heavy duty ECM with a LOT of pins on the connectors. It also has a 'cooling plate' on it and runs fuel through it to keep it cool.

Also - would this box play nice with the Allison and its TCM?

Thanks,

Matt

Sorry guys the wording I used was not correct. These are not boxes, it is an update for the OLD Hot style Xcelerators... Hope this clears some of the confusion up...

Dan

jlibert said:
will the valve train or any internal compnonents need to be upgraded to handle the added rpm?

valve train mods are needed.

Dan@PPE said:
They are ready now! You would need to send your hot tuner in for an update to the new software....

Dan, Doug said it was stackable with the HOT? It is a low timing program and is stackable? Is it worth losing a little HP to upgrade?:pop:

Doug from PPE? there is no stacking this unit, It is the new version Hot tunes...

We are working on a regular timing tune for people not running nitrous, should be ready in the next month or less...

Dan

Is this available for a 03/04 555 motor? Any chance of seeing a dyno sheet of power vs. rpm?

Dan@PPE said:
Doug from PPE? there is no stacking this unit, It is the new version Hot tunes...

We are working on a regular timing tune for people not running nitrous, should be ready in the next month or less...

Dan

Dan I sent you a few PM's. Check out and please reply. Thanks.

A dyno graph would be great. Im wondering how far out the engine is continuing to receive fuel and @ what RPM

banshee said:
Is this available for a 03/04 555 motor? Any chance of seeing a dyno sheet of power vs. rpm?

Yes! it works on the tripple nickles... soon enough!

Dan@PPE said:

Dan

Doug told me that. How much is it to upgrade the HOT?

We have been testing it and it is awesome just as expected from PPE. Nice work.