450hp & 700 ftlbs?

agamache

I was wondering was is needed to be done to 6.0 to get close to 500 hp and ft lbs of torque. I don't have a lot done to my truck just a 4 1/2 in turbo back exhaust. The egr is unplugged and waiting for the block off plate to come. I am going to get it studded in the near future and get rid if the edge juice with attitude

Any thoughts would be helpful and greatly appreciated:thankyou2:

i would stud it first then get a SCT and a fuel system, and install a Nitrous kit and call it good.

should be able to do it without spray but by the time you put the kinda money into it to make 450 you could probably make 500 or a bit more.

My truck seems to always dyno low but I did 359/716 with a tune (innovatives Xtreme race) and exhaust from what I understand that file should be good for about 400-420 or so on the older trucks 03-04

I would start, exhaust, custom tuned SCT, gauges, headstuds, EGR delete, FICM tuning, Fuel system (will keep the injectors happy at WOT) should put you close to the numbers you are looking for, maybe a small turbo upgrade (could get up over 500)

359/716 would pretty awsome. It would be enough for me. I still want to be able to pull a trailer without getting to hot. i am just not sure about no2 yet. I just always heard that when u use propane it would make for a dry cylinder and i dont know the effects that no2 has

studs recomended
EGR Delete recomended

Exhaust (3.5 or 4")
Intake (leave the stock one on)
Programmer (SCT with custom tunes)
Upgraded fuel system

Then you have two ways to get there.
on #2
upgraded injectors 175 to 190's (might be able to squeeze it out of 155's but that will be a lot to ask on straight number 2)
62mm turbo (if you tow over 10k)
64mm turbo (if you tow less than 10k)

On spray,
upgraded injectors 155 or slightly larger.
then spray (single kit will work fine.)

Either way, you will want to watch your EGT's
Tranny temp is usually fine with our trucks. We actually stopped watching it quite a while ago.

EGT's were one of my concerns. i still want a truck i can hook a trailer or camper and and not get to hot. I guess a intercooler would be a good investment too. Man the $$$ and up quick

I'm getting all the supporting mods done first.

I have:

4" TB exhaust
AFE Intake
SCT w/custom tunes from Cale @ BTS
ARP Studs
EGR delete
Custom Fuel System

I have a built tranny going in soon and over the winter I will be upgrading to a 64mm turbo from Trusted and some 190cc - 200cc sticks from ? If everything goes as planned that is.

The overall goal is to have a good performing truck that I can still tow with on occasion. Everything that I mentioned should put me at or over 500 HP by a hair.

-French

EGT's were one of my concerns. i still want a truck i can hook a trailer or camper and and not get to hot. I guess a intercooler would be a good investment too. Man the $$$ and up quick

If you are watching the coin (which most of us are) hold off on an intercooler. They make a difference, but that 1k is better spend elsewhere.

As far as hooking up to a trailer, it just depends on what size charger you use. You can hook up to a trailer and have a larger charger and injectors. Custom tuning makes a lot of things possible.

Ok, so the original question was for 450/700.....is that impossible to get with just exaust, custom race tunes, reprogramed ficm, and a fuel system? I mean does he really have to spend thousands to get to that goal without n2o?

Thought some people were hitting 420-430 with just a custom tune?:poke:

when i dynoed a few years ago, i had intake, exhaust, fluidampr, and SCT with eric race tune...i put down 435hp.

So then why would he need injectors and a turbo upgrade? If he wanted a solid 500+ on fuel only then sure those would be needed but he only wants around 500 and actually said hed be happy with 359.

I was wondering was is needed to be done to 6.0 to get close to 500 hp and ft lbs of torque. I don't have a lot done to my truck just a 4 1/2 in turbo back exhaust. The egr is unplugged and waiting for the block off plate to come. I am going to get it studded in the near future and get rid if the edge juice with attitude

Any thoughts would be helpful and greatly appreciated:thankyou2:

So my thoughts are get a custom tuned sct (Eric at Innovative is great), ficm reflashed(Innovative or PHP), headstuds and egr cooler delete (for reliability and peace of mind), and then an upgraded fuel system (I hear great things from Trusted Performance).

That should get you right at or maybe a little over 450, would allow you to swap tunes and still tow all you want, get better mpg (if you keep your foot out of it), and if you did get the wild hair to :nos: you would be all set up for that 500 you talked about. :rockwoot:

Thanks Guys For All Your Input. I Am Going To Start With Head Studs And Work From There. Money Is A Little Tight These Days

We do have a local shop in Clay, KY down the road that can help you out with everything you are wanting to do if you are interested that is real good on prices and service. Let me know and I will P.m. you their info. At least give them a call before you spend your money.

I hit the numbers in my sig w/ a 4" turbo back, sct dyno tune, and AFE stage 1 intake.

I hit the numbers in my sig w/ a 4" turbo back, sct dyno tune, and AFE stage 1 intake.

BTW those are some killer numbers. Everybody says 03 for the big numbers, but every freaky 6.0 I've seen has been an 04.

Thanks, that was on a hot summer day with 100* + temps. Was also a dyno tune w/ the tranny locked in 5th. Barely makes it up on Dunbar's dyno.

Haloman if you would PM me the info and thank I didn't even know there was anyone around here that worked on them as far as performance

My truck is an 04 but the engine says 03 on it if that matters

And again that's everyone for info

Haloman if you would PM me the info and thank I didn't even know there was anyone around here that worked on them as far as performance

My truck is an 04 but the engine says 03 on it if that matters

And again that's everyone for info

Sending you a P.M.